Thread: I'm new here and from Illinois

Thanks

Default I'm new here and from Illinois

Hi, I just posted in newly diagnosed but thought I'd stop in here too and say hi and ask for any and all advice. I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago but now realize I have been battling this Lupus for almost 10 years ...just didn't have a name for it. This last flare put me in the hospital and got the attention of a good rheumatologist ...thankfully. I'm starting to improve on prednisone and hope that soon this flare will be history but I wonder about this fatigue ....it's all consuming and unrelenting and I am barely functioning. Thank goodness I don't have to work and I have an incrediblly understanding husband. I would just welcome any suggestions or advice and maybe some ideas on how to cope with the muscle pains and the tiredness. Thank you very much.
    Sharon

Thanks

I am sorry you are dealing with this. Flares suck and that's all there is to it. My advice would be to rest as much as possible, destress and rest some more. O and a heating pad helps me, I hurt so bad by bedtime every night I can't go to sleep without it. Have you discussed the fatigue with your rheumy? (S)he might have some more ideas for you.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Sharon;
    Yes, the fatigue can be debilitating and the pain can be relentless. I have to ditto what TracyDawn suggested. The best way to manage the fatigue and pain and to avoid further flares is to get plenty of rest, exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, eliminate stress, stay out of the sun!
    These are simplified suggestions, each of which will have to be specifically tailored to you, by you and your doctors. But, they are essential!

Best of Luck
    Saysusie