Thread: Low grade fever?

Thanks

Default Low grade fever?

Last night I felt cold and feverish, but otherwise fine, so I took my temperature and it was 100.5. This morning it was 97.9 so I was feeling good, until this afternoon when I decided to check it again and it was 100.3. I'm recovering from a kidney biopsy so I've been in bead pretty much all day. My hips, thighs, and lower back are achy, but perhaps that's just from laying in bed all day.

I've never had a lupus flare before, but I've read that a low grade fever can be an indication one is coming. Do I just monitor this, or treat it more seriously. I have a phone consult tonight with my doctor from Johns Hopkins, so I'll bring this up with him, but in the mean time is there anything I should be doing? Maybe this is just a virus? I worried about infection from the biopsy, but the fever was gone this morning so I don't think that can be it.

Thank you!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

In general flares often include low grade fever HOWEVER since you just had the biopsy this should be discussed with your doctor tonight. Any type of proceedure like this (including dental) can induce a flare but you don't want to assume that is what it is and let an infection set in

let is know what the doctor says tonight
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

jmail (11-26-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If it is a consistent then call your doctor but if you are worried call anyway it's better safe than sorry, it will at least make you rest easier. I get small fevers all the time, at least a couple of times a month or so.