Thread: Giant Tongue Sores (because that sounds so attractive)

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Giant Tongue Sores (because that sounds so attractive)

Just another thread about a symptom asking, "Does anyone get large, ulcerated sores on their tongues that make it hard to talk clearly?"

Because half my job involves talking, and it sounds like I'm slurring, or have a mouth full of cotton. And it hurts. Sore is on the underside, outer edge of tongue. Lovely.
    Last edited by Derrie; 10-18-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks

I used to get them a few times a year - not huge ones, but about the size of a big zit - and wow, did they HURT! And yes, depending on where they were, they interfered with my speech.

Fortunately since I started getting treatment (just over a year ago) I have not had any more.

I think they were probably harbingers of a flare, when I look back on it.

Sorry you're having this problem! :-(

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Mouth, lip and/or nose sores are very common during a Lupus flare. They are VERY painful and my heart goes out to you. I usually get mine on the edge of my nose! They look so very attractive! Thankfully that is one of the few things my meds did take care of!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Well. Clearly the Plaquenil was helping because I didn't have so many issues when I was on it!. I can't wait till next week when I can start taking it again. I feel like my body is falling apart bit by bit!

Thanks

I get them too. Often in my throat. Plaquinil has really helped with this particular symptom for me. Hope it does for you too.

Thanks

When I had to quit my plaq (just when I was getting relief because of it), things got real bad, including those "wonderful" sores. Mine are starting to calm down now that I've been back on plaquenil for just over 2 weeks. Now if the rest of this %#@& would just calm down... lol
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."