Thread: Hip/leg issues and pain?

Thanks

Default Hip/leg issues and pain?

Recently, my right hip has started hurting.
    It greatly limits my mobility with how I walk, sit, and even lay down to sleep now and this is starting to affect my whole leg with the positions I need to place my hip in to make it less painful.
    I didn't do anything to irritate my leg, it's not even the leg that has been previously injured.

I'm just concerned because the doctors I've seen said I have extreme tendonitis in all of my joints that they could see, but this leg has always felt a little 'off'. It's always been more rigid than my left leg, if I want to lift my leg to go onto my other leg I always had to pretty much put it there myself unlike my left leg.

The pain is always there now, but much more painful when I have my foot pointing straight up.
    I never use to walk funny, my foot placement and balance as always been rather good.

So does anyone else have hip pain with Lupus, if so did anyone figure out it was something more than just tendonitis like dyspepsia or anything like that?
    I'm a 21 year old woman, for age and gender references.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have not dealt with this personally and I do hope that someone who has will respond to you.
    I am sorry that you are having these issues with your hips and your legs and I truly hope that you find some answers. I am sorry that I could not be more helpful.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Has anyone talked to you about bursitis? I get it in my hip and shoulder and it is very painful. It makes moving it diffult as well. A steroid shot into the joint usually helps clear it up for awhile. You might want to ask your doctor about this
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I wonder if my sister has the same problem. She has been complaining about leg pain for the longest time and her back too.

I wish I could be of more help.....
    Living with Lupus Nephritis is not difficult but just a challenge.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I get this too, my doctor suggested stretching. I found it worked pretty well in the long run. She told me to sit in a chair, sit up straight. Place right ankle on top of left leg then slowly, if it hurts too much stop, lean your top half of your body foward. Then continue but with opposite leg. I also found a heating pad helped alot.

Thanks

Alecia,
    You are describing me! My right hip is extremely painful, and turning over in bed at night is really painful. I have to sit up to turn over.
    I also have spasming and hypertonic (constantly cramping) muscles in my calves and numb toes. I've been tested for everything.
    They have ruled out disc problems, MS, MD, Parkinson's, spinocerrebellar ataxia and lots of other things.
    Now, the docs at UCSF are testing me for Spastic Paraplegia.

I've had knee surgery for Avascular Necrosis, which can also affect the hips, so they have re-checked for that, too. Have you taken steroids, or had shots of cortisone for the bursitis? Steroids can cause AVN. I hadn't taken it orally, but I had a couple of cortisone shots for bursitis. Now that I've been dx'd with AVN, I can never have any kind of steroids.

I have lots of tendonitis in my elbows, hands and shoulders. Every time I complain to the rheumy, she just says "Just tendonitis", but never pursues it.
    It really hurts, doesn't it?
    I hope that this helps you to know that you aren't alone.
    Hugs,
    Marla