Thread: I am fed up with my neurologist!

Thanks

Default I am fed up with my neurologist!

I went to this guy because I had a bulging disk in my neck, and my primary doc told me to write down all the new symptoms I had been having, such as weird pains that weren't my usual lupus pains, ibs, jerky eye movements, and a host of new symptoms that I had been having, he told me he would address these after I recovered from my surgery, so after I recovered he told me these things were happening because I was depressed, because of all my medical problems, and I told him that I didn't think that was what it was, I told him I wanted him to do some tests to see why my legs are constantly numb, I have very little feeling in my legs, so he did a emg test and it was abnormal, but gave me no explanation for it and said it was from depression?? anyone who knows me knows I am very positive person I try not to let this stuff get me down, so I went this morning for a follow up, and I told him that my symptoms are getting worse, and he told me he would give me medicine for depression, I told him I am not depressed and I don't want the meds, he told me that if I wanted to feel better I should take the meds, so In the middle of my appointment I got up told him I will be looking for a new doctor and I walked out, my primary and my rhem said it could be fibromyalgia or even ms, so I called my rhem when I got home and I told her what happened, and I am seeing her on fri and she said she will figure it out, so we will see what happens. I swear I don't understand how some of these guys get a medical license!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Everyone knows that IGNORANT and LAZY doctors are on the top of my list of things that I abhor. This neurologist is ignorant and lazy and it sounds as if he is in bed with a pharmaceutical company that manufactures medicine for depression.
    I am so proud of you for standing your ground, defying his ignorance and for letting him know that you will be finding another doctor..BRAVO!!
    I am also happy to hear that you PC and Rheumy are going to find answers for you and appropriate treatment. I wish you the best and please let us know what the diagnosis and treatment are.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (10-18-2012), tgal (10-17-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Good for you! We must be our own best advocate and you did just that! Great job! I am so glad you have other doctors working with you. You are one of the lucky ones. Please keep us posted and keep up the good work!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (10-18-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gkf109 View Post
    .......... so In the middle of my appointment I got up told him I will be looking for a new doctor and I walked out, ........
    glad to hear you did this.
    the doctor works for you.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (10-18-2012)

Thanks

I'm glad that you did this!
    I've dealt with a neuro who was like this. Once he had found that I didn't have MS, he acted like he thought that I had nothing wrong and was just "drug-seeking". He also thinks that Sjogrens is just dry eyes and mouth and never has any neurological symptoms.
    I'll never see that guy again!
    I hope that you and your good docs can find a good neuro.
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (10-20-2012)