Thread: Daughter found her Dr. House

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Daughter found her Dr. House

Many of you know that my 17 year old has been being monitored for many years by a rhuemy and even saw a neuro in 6th grade. Vague answers to no answers and every year new things. Well I think we finally have a breakthrough.

A couple of months ago my daughter got her 2nd round of active mono this year. (She has dealt with these weird virus' since she was in 1st grade. the first one lasted a year). She has also dealt with periods of horrible headaches, which has been an ongoing issue and is what she saw the original neuro for years ago (actually they never did decide if she was having absence seizures, migraines or rebound headaches). When I figured out how much Ibuprofen she was taking I said enough and told her doctor that something had to be done. He sent her to a new Neuro and we had that appointment last Weds.

It was an awesome visit! Not only does he think something is going he is also intrigued by the long term viral issues. Even though it is not what he does he is bound and determined to get to the bottom of this and figure out what is happening to her. When all was said and done he ordered 2 MRI's and an MRA that will be done on Tues, 19 (yes 19) vials of blood drawn for tests that I have never heard of, some of which I thought "OMG why haven't I ever had this" and a sleep study to make sure that her fatigue isn't caused by sleep issues.

Sadly I won't be able to go to this Dr. but I am so excited that my daughter found him. While I am nervous I finally have some hope that there will be some answers soon. Keep your fingers crossed. We see the doctor again on Dec. 12 after all the testing.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

mari hope everything goes alright my daughter mikaela had a neuroligist who was determined to find out what was wrong with her, after constantly suffering virus an fatigue and he did sleep study with surprising results she had sleep apnea. i think they tend take children illness more seriously than ours. if only some of us had been diagnosed when we were young it could have made difference. but at least our children will have the help and treatment we have been struggling to get.hope you get the answers you need.

Thanks

Good luck with it Mari. We'll be praying for the doc, you and your daughter, and not just to get an answer, but a correct answer.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

That's great news, Mari!

I was reading a blog last night that was written by a young lady who suddenly got very ill and was unable to continue to play soccer due to a virus and migraines. Finally, it was discovered that she had Lyme disease. I remember a book that she referred to on the blog was Cure Unknown (it's available on Amazon).

Anyway, the young lady was accused of having psych issues when doctors couldn't "fix" her (how many people on WHL have also been accused of it being "all in their head" before finally finding a doc who takes them seriously and investigates the patient's claims?).

Sorry for getting sidetracked there, but I'm thrilled that your daughter has found a doctor who is taking her complaints seriously and is compelled to perform tests and investigate her symptoms.

Let's hope the puzzle is solved when you return on Dec. 12!

Thanks

Mari,
    Good for your daughter. It's a shame that you can't see this doc, but is it possible to have him communicate with your docs?
    Be sure to let us know what she finds out.
    Hugs,
    Marla