Thread: I haven't been around for awhile

Thanks

Default I haven't been around for awhile

I recently had surgery to fix a bulging disk in my neck, woke up one morning and my neck was really sore went to doc took some x-rays and found some bone spurs in my neck which indicated something was wrong, but my good old insurance would not pay for a mri until I went to physical therapy first,which only made it hurt even more, than I had to see a neurologist and that took 2 months to see him, I get the mri and my spinal cord was pinched over 50% go to a neurosurgeon for surgery 5 min before they take to operating room he comes in and tells me that I will most likely have nerve damage because it was pinched for so long so now it hurts more than before I had the surgery, than I started having weird pains all over not my usual lupus pains and now my rhem says it looks like I have fibromyalgia, but there is some good news my disability was approved after 2 years. Its been a tough year for me but taking it one day at a time, hope everyone is doing well.

-Gary

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

So sorry you have had to go through all of this bit I am SO glad your disability was approved! Please take care of yourself and keep us posted! We have missed you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

gkf109 (10-15-2012), lucky7 (08-28-2013)

Thanks

Wow, Gary. I understand about the pinched ("impinged" as they say) nerve. Thankfully, in my case, I didn't have to do the physical therapy before an MRI, and the neurosurgeon identified my problem and I had a lapro lamenectomy just a few days later (mine was lumbar). Do you have ankylosing spondylitis? That's where (basically) your vertebrae try to fuse together by making "spurs" that grow towards each other.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

lucky7 (08-28-2013)

Thanks

I had a discectomy donor disc and metal plate, no spondylitis, my diseases are all the usual suspects, lupus, sjogrens, raynauds and now it looks like we can add fibro to the list
    also have bulged disc in lower back, but not bad enough for surgery yet, but at least I have something to look forward too, lol,

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gkf109 For This Useful Post:

lucky7 (08-28-2013), Saysusie (08-27-2013)

Thanks

My jellyfish spine experiences....I've had three disectomies. One with an anterior entrance, front of my neck that require cadaver bone and titanium plate. With my lower back surgeries, after removing the fragmented disc that was pinching my nerve off (the surgeon said it was the biggest herniation he had ever seen, the old goat retire after my surgery) Ha! But with that, the residual pain I still have is thought to be caused by scar tissue or the surgeon nick my nerve. The end result...permanent sciatic in my right leg. If dehydrated I get horrible spasms in my right leg all the way up and into my right butt cheek. Want see something attractive..watch me have one. Ha!

Be well...O.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oluwa For This Useful Post:

lucky7 (08-28-2013), Saysusie (08-27-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oh Gary;
    I am sorry that you've gone through so much and that you post surgery pain is worse than your pre-surgery pain. I hope that this gets sorted out and soon so that you can feel better (well, as much as a person with Lupus, pinched nerves, and Fibromyalgia can)!
    I often say that I would love to have just ONE DAY - just ONE 24hr period where I was not ill from one of the many illnesses that I cart around with me!
    I am so happy to hear that your disability was approved, congratulation on that. I am glad that you are back with us again. I hope that you are able to have some pain-free moments.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

lucky7 (08-28-2013)

Thanks

WOO HOO to disability APPROVED!!!! CELEBRATE the GOOD!!!!! Im not happy with what you had to go through Gary BUT I am HAPPY you get disability now!!!!! Im also HAPPY you are back! WOO HOO! Oluwa...LOL YOU CRACKED ME UP!!!! Carlotta....ME TOO! Just one day! What a TREAT that would be huh!! I too have MANY back issues. My MS and RA are attacking my spine now. As well as having a broken L5 and my disc completely wore away because of it! Narrowing, pinched nerves grinding bone on bone etc...My latest MRI results look a mess! BUT, as simple as it sounds, walking and stretching HELP so MUCH. Im supposed to do physical therapy BUT the VERY OPEN (lots of windows) and LIGHTED room flare me so BAD (UV light) I just CANT anymore. My drs want to do surgery for different reasons BUT IM NOT unless I cant help myself anymore(a bit at least). Special pillows help too!! GLAD YOUR BACK!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette