Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meningitis and Methylprednisolone Acetate

Thanks

Default Meningitis and Methylprednisolone Acetate

We need to be careful I know several of us get the shot of methylprednisolone frequently on hospital visits.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/health/Meni...r/-/index.html
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit2 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (10-11-2012)

Thanks

Isn't that something? I've been trying to get in and get one lately, but they won't give you one if your're sick or on antibiotics, or on other steroid treatments, such as prednisone, and that's all that I've been doing for the last year plus, so I couldn't get one. don't know if I'd have been a recipient of a "tainted" batch, but that's all I'd need right now, is more sickness, or treatment for it. Treating the fungus is really rough on a person's system... It's been found in 6 states now.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

I've been hearing about this on the news and was worried about our members here.
    I have lots of back pain lately, but I'm glad that I can't take steroids!
    I hope that none of our members are involved in this.
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I got one on Weds for multiple reasons (and am so thankful). We discussed the above information but since there hadn't been any in Texas it was worth the risk to me. I do think everyone needs to be very careful right now though. Pay attention to where the bad batches are. Doesn't mean you are safe just because one hasn't been found in your area either. Just like everything else you simply have to weigh it
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I found out from the place I go for my "shots" that they don't do "custom" mixes, which is what the "recall" lots were. Nothing for me to worry 'bout concerning that...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

The ones that caused the trouble were injected directly into the spine as well. Regular injections have not been an issue either
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

CDC also says it now believes it has meningitis case of patient sickened from shot for joint pain, not back pain. Lab work still pending.- This could be a game changer boys and girls. Keep your eyes open
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

"A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Thanks

I was just reading a news article, and they're figuring they might be about halfway through the cases, and they're over 210 and growing, with the different meds going to at least 76 facilities... wow. They still don't say how it happened...

Thanks

Dylan had his infusions yesterday and while they were waiting for pharmacy to tube it to day treatment, I asked about it cuz thats what he gets, methelpred, but his is a big bag of it and not in the spine. They said his was good. Made sure I asked though. Too scary!!!