Thread: New Here - Long Time Lupie with Major Flare

Thanks

Default New Here - Long Time Lupie with Major Flare

Hello all, am glad to find the site.
    I have been diagnosed for 19 yrs.
    I considered my self lucky only having joint pains, hair falling out and huge water retention in my legs, I had the blisters in the roof of my mouth too.
    I haven't been on prednisone for about 10 yrs, I call it Jekyll and Hyde meds! I have been able to manage the odd flare with Naproxen. Not this time! I found no relief and had to resort to the dreaded drug.
    I have had new symptoms and feel like a mess, but of course, look 'great' doing it!
    Was surfing and found you here. It is a relief, since I have no friends with lupus and grew tired of the tiny support group in my town, they were getting way to 'out there' for me.
    I do believe in divine healing, it's in God's time though, so basicly His will.
    Hope to chat with some of you soon.

Thanks

LOL on the Jekyll and Hyde! :lol:

I HATED taking steroids - I hate how crazy they make me! And the 700 other side effects. I swore I would never take them again, but after the latest flare I changed my mind and wanted ANYTHING to "make it go away."

I hope your flare doesn't last any you can go back to feeling good again soon - this is a fun, positve group to share with.