Thread: How do you identify a "blush" malar rash?

Thanks

Default How do you identify a "blush" malar rash?

Does anyone have a "blush " malar rash? From reading this is not a full blown malar rash...just , as the name says...a blush. I get a light redness in the malar area(I'm trying to watch and see if it correlates hormonally). I look like I was out in the sun and got some color...though it has been raining in the North east for about 2 weeks straight. I am trying to tell whether or not it is just sebhorretic dermatitis or not. It is scaly if i drag my fingernail over it. I feel like I am hypersensitive to anything Lupus related and am turning into a hypochondriac...aaahhhggghhh...it's probably just overdry/irritated skin...but how do you tell?Junebug

Thanks

I get that... Sometimes it looks like I've been sunburned. I never get a raised rash or anything like that... But, every once in a while I get this like weird red thing across my nose and cheeks... With enough make up on I just look like I got some color...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Default Rash

My rash is kind of raised but mine goes across my cheeks, the bridge of my nose and sometimes up into my eyebrows when it's really bad. It doesn't really itch but burns like fire. I use a cortisone cream and am currently on Plaquenil to help keep it in control. The last time I got one really bad was when I was in the hospital and had to be off my lupus meds.
    Catlady4520

Thanks

I have a red rash across my cheeks and nose.I don't feel any pain with it.It it always there. I put on make-up and it is less noticeable.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

I get the red butterfly rash across my face if I am out in the sun too long or under florecent lighting. But when I get the rash it does not hurt.

Thanks

I now have the raised rash 24/7 on my cheeks, nose and sometimes forehead but I have noticed that if I am running a fever it is a brighter red than normal. Sometimes it itches sometimes now, but the rash I get on the back of my neck, back and into my hair itches ALL the time. Drive you up a wall it will. GRRRR

Thanks

I get that, too! On my neck and back and my chest... I notice though that when it is colder I don't get the rash or the bumps... but my scalp will still itch sometimes...
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

The red rash across my cheeks, bridge of nose and forehead and was finally got me a diagnosis. Mine was not raised either, just a red color, but unfortunately makeup didn't help much. Hang in there, it will go away!!!!!!!!!!
    Angela Sears