Thread: Kidney Problems. I need opinions!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Kidney Problems. I need opinions!

Hi everyone!
    Sorry I haven't posted in here in a long while. I've been really busy with school and such! I hope everyone is feeling well. Sadly, I can't say the same for me.

Monday night I was getting really bad middle back pains. Didn't really think much of it. Come Tuesday morning, it was crippling. I couldn't even get out of bed for a good while. I texted my friend who is a Biology major and i asked him to come over because i knew that he would know what organs and everything are there. He said he had to poke around my back to feel where exactly it hurts, and as soon as he got to my kidneys i jolted away from him. He took me to medexpress to get some bloodwork done. They did a urine test first and came back and told me that they found blood and white blood cells in my urine and that i had to go to the ER right away because they can't do stat blood work at Medexpress.

I went to the ER, where they drew blood, did a CT scan and ran an IV. This hospital however is absolutely horrible and I had to stay there for 5 and a half hours, just to have them tell me they were unsure of the problem and to call my doctor at home (sidenote: i go to school an hour away from home). They discharged me and sent me on my way.

I'm still having back pains. I feel as though more hair than usual is falling out and i have this weird brownish discoloration on my skin on my neck......
    Does anyone have any idea if that's a sign of kidney problems?

It's been almost four years since i've ever had any problems with my kidneys and i honestly can't remember everything that happened to me then.

Sorry this is so long, i'm just really frustrated and I need some answers.
    Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Thanks

I am sorry, that you have to go through this. I can't help you with any kidney questions, but I hope you feel better soon. Can't believe the hospital just sent you home.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yeah I can't believe they sent me home either. Any hospital in Pittsburgh would have admitted me, even if it was just for the night.
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Thanks

I've never had an ER diagnose anything for me, other than a broken bone, and they've missed a couple of those even... Definitely follow-up with your docs first thing Monday AM.

btw, if your neck color is the front, like you've been wearing a v-neck t-shirt out in the sun, I do that when I'm flaring, before I get the malar on my face. I also did it right before my last allergic reaction. Almost looks like a high blood pressure thing, but it's not...
    Last edited by jmail; 09-29-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

when i over exercise (do anything)
    i find my body colour changes to a grey.
    not red as you would think.

my rhuemy told me that it is because the lupus is effecting my blood.
    so if your colouration is similar......
    it could be the new normal you.

please keep us informed on what the doctors find out.
    wishing you a safe recovery.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Its a true shame that the hospital did not admit you in. It sounds alot like lupus nephritis. Let's hope its not.
    Living with Lupus Nephritis is not difficult but just a challenge.

Thanks

Hi Ashley,
    I'm glad to see you back here, but sorry that you are having problems.
    Kidney problems can be bad news - be sure to get your doctor to check it out.
    I hope that you report back to us and have a bit of time to catch up.
    I would love to know how college has been going for you!
    Hugs,
    Marla