Thread: I have every symtom but blood work came back normal

Thanks

Default I have every symtom but blood work came back normal

Hello all I am Shae, I have every symptom of SLE but my blood work came back normal... How rare is this and what else could it be? I just at this point don't know how to deal with this pain... i am on muscle relaxers and arthritis meds. Can someone please lead me in the right direction?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

sorry shae......
    but your post does not have enough informationin it.

also remember we are not doctors.
    we can talk about our experiences........
    but cannot diagnose.

what symptoms are you having?
    and what have you been diagnosed with already?

Thanks

I have been tole that she suspects that its Lupus but the blood work came back neg.
    My sysmtoms include:
    Hard to get out of bed in the mornings, joint pain(ankles,shoulder,knees,wrist,elbows) Swelling of them, if I am out int he sun for a period of time I get this rash on my face (people always ask me if I am sunburned and I have olive skin so i dont sunburn) hard for me to get things from my head to paper without having to stop and think about what I was going to say or how to say it. ( I feel as though I am going "stupid" ) eyes are really weird on some days like today I feel lie Im in a fog. I get this pain that shots thru my back like someone is trying to shove a knife into me, i get these sores on my arms that I have no clue where they come from, migraines, muscles hurt. ( my husband can just grab my arm and it feels like he is wanting to tear it off) so tenderness, i hurt myself alot ( not on purpose but just doing simple things I do everyday) My toes do this weird thing where they get spots on them, I have lymph node that is always present on my neck, Cant wear hardly any eye makeup anymore bc it messes with my eyes, showering is a chore, I just cut my hair off do to the fact that I cant hardly hold my arms up to shampoo it anymore wears me out, then to blow dry... yea ok i can for a few but then i have to take breaks, get these sores in my mouth and sometimes in my nose, i have anxiety, I panic about simple things, I have kidney infections all the time, I know this is gross but my urine will smell awful sometimes, I know thats alot so I will stop there i cant even think right now an smy fingers do not won tto work anymore. they start hurting after a bit. They have me on Mobic for my arthritis, and soma for muscle. But thats all right now. Any advice I can get to ask the dr when I go Oct 3rd * i go to the rheumatologist) would be great. thank you

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

it definatelly sounds like something is going on.

unfortunatelly there is 63 auto immune disorders......
    and your list of symptoms fits into many of them.

my suggestion for your rhuemy visit is to list your symptoms.
    do not leave anything out.
    yes it will be a long list....
    but he needs it to help diagnose you.

i also have fibromyalgia.
    it is not uncommon to have more than 1 auto immune disorder at the same time.
    i have a couple of others that have presented themselves afterwards.....
    so these are secondary, and caused by my primary complaints.

another helpful thing to take to your doctor is a pain diary.
    i know it is only 2 days away....
    the idea of the diary is to list what hurts... and when.

i have written lots of times on here about depression medication.
    i take it notbecause i am depressed......
    but my brain needs this type of medication to function properly.
    i would talk to the rhuemy about this also.
    it will help with your anxiety and panic attacks.
    we usually only take very low dosages......
    but see great changes.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

LisaDFree (04-22-2013), tgal (10-01-2012)

Thanks

This thread was extremely helpful for me. I experience all the same symptoms but couldn't effectively put them into words for my doctor to understand and in turn I felt she overlooks a lot of the pain I experience on a day to day basis. She does not treat the pain at all which makes living with Lupus even harder! It affects everyone around me, I can not properly take care of my household or my child when I'm experiencing so much pain and anxiety on an every day basis. I will keep in mind to write down my pain levels and be more assertive at my next visit!