Hi everyone,
Well i'll start with introducing myself....I recently turned 21 years old and was just diagnosed with lupus. I first went to the doctor back in November, because I had notice the butterfly rash and after blood tests he ruled out lupus. However, nothing was getting better so I decided to see a dermatologist. I expected it to be like any other appointment I have had, but he had to take two small biospies from the rash on my cheek. I was terrified, but put on a huge front. When I went back to get my test results, he told me that it is lupus. The next day he refered me to another doctor who has put me on Plaquenil for it. I go back to him in a week to get more test results back....I'm scared.

So now on to some of my questions that maybe you guys would understand.....
Does anyone else feel like they always need to be the strong one about this? I still feel like I have a front on and haven't really expressed how I really feel. But I don't know how I feel about it...are anyone else's emotions as unclear as mine?
The weird thing about this whole thing is that the main/only symptoms I have is the skin rash and fatigue. It's hard cause i'm continually asked on how i'm feeling and if i'm having any joint pain and I don't think I am.
Does anyone else have only these symptoms? I know things will change, but will I notice when they do? I'm afraid I won't be able to notice the changes until their severe. Or now i'm trying to notice differnet pains but when I do notice some pain I'm afraid I'm just being picky and complaining about normal pains. Will it get easier to distringuish between pains?

Well I ended up writing alot more than I thought, I guess I haven a lot more on my mind about my new diagnosis then I realized. I'm glad I found this sight and look forward to visiting with some of you! Take care everyone!

-T