Thread: tendonitis?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default tendonitis?

When I saw my rheumy yesterday, I told him that I have alot of pain in my tendons. The top of both hands, my soulders and my right ankle. He asked me, how I knew that it was a tendon pain, so I showed hin where the pain is and how intense the pain is and he agreed that it was Tendonitis.
    Does anyone else have it?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Yes. soft connective tissue... sigh. Mine varies with a flare. I can really get into a viscious cycle, sort of like, what came first? The joint pain, or the tendonitis?... tic
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Yes, me too! I've complained to the docs fairly often about the pain in my elbows and in the tendons of my hands.
    They always tell me "That's just tendonitis." I've never found a doc who is at all interested in telling me how to treat it.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

My rheumy just said, that they are inflammed, therefore Anti inflammatories and the MTX should take care of it.
    Well, I've got it while on those meds. It is so frustrating.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Debbie,
    You're right. While I was on both Plaquenil and MTX, my skin issues cleared up completely and my joints stopped hurting, but the tendons continued to hurt just the same. My hands are continuing to get worse. I drop things and I can't open things without help.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Yeah, I'm right there with both of you. I can't open much of anything without help, pushing on the gas or break pedal in te car can result in stabbing pain at times, and any extensions or flexing of my tendons or joints are either stiff, painful or both! All this while on a year of Plaquenil and NSAIDs daily.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus" ...Fortune Favors the Brave.
    ~ Diagnosed SLE Lupus, Endometriosis, Anxiety Disorder, IBS~
    Meds: 400mg Plaquenil, Prednisone 6-day pack (for flares), 800mg Ibuprofen 3x day, Xanex (rarely), Vicodin (rarely)
    Supplements: Omega 3/6/9 complex, 2000iu Vit D, Iron/B12, Calcium, Folate complex, Cranberry, Probiotic, MSM/Glucosamine.