Hi everyone. I'm 26 (next week is my 27th birthday) and today I was diagnosed with SLE. It's good to finally know what's been going on in my body for the last 6 weeks or so (i'd never experienced any symptoms before). The joint pain came on hard and fast and my arms and legs are in a lot of pain, especially in the mornings. I eat well and exercise, and I am at a good weight for my height and age, so I'm hoping I'll be able to control this. I'm terrified and frustrated though because I just graduated from law school, have tons of debt because of it, and am now studying for the bar exam. The problem is that in the mornings I'm in so much pain that it's hard to get to my bar review class, and sit through all 3 hours of it 5 days a week. I can't seem to concentrate. And then I'm so tired when I get home that I just nap and can't seem to get any work done. I'm seeing a rheumatologist tomorrow for the first time and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he or she will help me attack this aggressively, but I was just wondering if there were any tips on how to get moving a little easier in the mornings, and if there was anything to help with the fatigue and inability to focus/concentrate. I can't afford to not pass the bar on the first try.

Also, does anyone experience sore throat at random times of the day? I have been and it seems to come and go. I don't know if it's at all related and I'm also concerned with infection.

Finally, does anyone know of a good book to help family members cope with the diagnosis? My mom is taking it really hard (no one in my family has ever been diagnosed with lupus) and even though i tell her i'm fine she just cries all the time. I try to tell her it's not the end of the world, just another obstacle in life that i'm just going to have to deal with (hopefully with success) and that it's best to try to not freak out because that just adds to stress which isn't going to do anyone any good, but nothing seems to help. We live in different parts of the country so I can't have her come with me to appointments, which I guess makes it even more difficult for her but what can I do? Ideas?
Sorry for the long rambling start. Just looking for some advice I guess.
Thanks for listening and God bless.