Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Post by Roger

Thanks

To n.mac Thank you for your input on the clothing! The nearest Cabellas is 60 miles away, and with most apparrell being made overseas these days, we need to try things on! But I will check it out when I am down there next time!

Just bought 3 SPF 50 fishing shirts from www.aquadesign.com and really like them! Light weight and cool! They were on sale today again for $29.98! Worth every penny if you ask me! Thank you again! Roger

Thanks

I know what you mean about trying on clothes-amazing what china considers x-large compared to us companies.
    I buy most of my work clothes from either a co called gemplers or duluth trading. Both on-line but as I'm a repeat customer I know how thier sizing charts work so I rarely have a problem.
    I'm lucky to have both a bass pro shop and a cabella close by.
    I'm an avid fisherman- being from the midwest I have fished for every thing from bass to catfish to salmon-but never halibut. That most be quite the challange!

What part of the country are you from?

Thanks

To n.mac Bremerton WA! Fish the Straits of Juan De Fuca for Halibut, and Puget Sound for Salmon! Also live on a year round lake with Bass and Trout! Think I am going to try that Sunguard Wash In Protection next!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Roger and Welcome!

I buy this product for me and hubby uses it to fish-he does not have SLE and does not use it hunting but I have noticed no smell from it as I have become very scent sensitive.I know how sensitive animals sense of smell is but it might be worth a try and will definitely help with the fishing.

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/se...ion+spf+60-.do
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ItsLupus2007 For This Useful Post:

Roger (09-15-2012)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Roger,

Welcome to WHL!

Rob

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

Roger (09-15-2012)

Thanks

To ItsLupus2007 Thank you for the input! My wife uses the same froduct in an SPF 45! I t does have a faint odor, but is probably 2nd best to the Vanicream 35, or a product called Eucerin SPF 30! Both of which are fragrance free! Am hoping they will be adequate in Oct and Nov when our UV index is lower! Thank you for the input! Roger

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I truly understand. I have Lupus and lgA deficincy which means if I take Lupus meds, I can get sick much more easily. And...since I have igA (blood disorder), I won't get well for weeks or months. Last year I was ill from September to Christmas Eve. Not a little sick, the kind where you order groceries because you can't stand up long enough to shop for them. It was horrible!

As far as SPF, I used to be a water baby. Now I get out of the shower and immediately spray 90 SPF all over my body and put 100 SPF on my face. I deal with Raynauds so I'm usually ghost white anyway but I feel that maybe not getting as much sun will lessen the effect of the Lupus.

Good luck. It's just such a difficult lot to deal with. I wish you the best!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Reply to Debbie! Like lupus folks are called Luppies, us with CAD are called Caddies! I think that if they were checking your Hemoglobin, at least within the last 10 years, that the lab would have included an alert! Mine always comes through with "probable cold aggutinin present"! I know that Lupus also goes after the red cell components as well! I am sure I have had all of this going on since the mid 70's! Seemed to recover on my own when I was younger, even if it took a year! My understanding is that they didn't separate cold and warm agglutinins till the mid 90's! It is quite common for Lupus folks to have the warm variety, which also goes after the red cell components! Yours is the most dramatic case I have heard of to date! They have different ways of treating the warm variety, to include Splenectomy! Your Hemologist should pick up on that right away! I also hate the Prednisone! Am at 20mg right now, but we go up and down between 10 and 120mg, plus the transfusion! Sounds like you also have a good Rheumatologist! Treasure the good ones because not all are good! Good luck to you! Roger
    Hi Roger,

The hemolytic anemia I had in 1979, was the only time, I have had problems with my hemoglobin. It has been fine for the 33 years.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

Roger (09-15-2012)