New to the site, but not to the disease.

Ive been offically diagnosed with SLE for the past year. I'd tell you how glorious and horrifiying that was, but I'm sure a lot of you had the same reaction.

YAY they know whats wrong with me...crap they cant fix it.

I've been holding up pretty well until about a month ago. I decided to play the young rebel and stopped taking my medicine. Brilliant move? Yea I know.

So I'm now neck deep in the worst flare up I've ever seen. Missed 3 days of work because I literally couldn't lift my leg while keeping myself steady on the other one to get in the shower. I actually caved yesterday and got a cortisone shot in my shoulder to see if that would let me turn my neck. No such luck yet. ( Do these things even work? )

I'm on so new medicines, steroids and neurontin. If anyone takes the neurontin I would really love to hear from you. I've been reading some pretty scary things and I'm dying for the silver lining.

Also, I wanted to know if there was anything you did to make your pain and swelling of your joints less that didnt involve medicine. I've been buying stock in rubs and balms, but I have yet to find one that works. My doctor put me on tramadol but it makes me sleepy and I feel sick to my stomach.

I'm excited to be part of this community. Hope this finds everyone well!

PS. tomorrow is friday! Thats always something to be happy about.