Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gallbladder inflammation?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Debbie,
    I find this very interesting. I have a very dear friend who has had gall bladder issues for many years.
    Her sister, who has passed away, had lupus. I've often wondered whether Marty also has AI issues.
    The Medicaid system in Oklahoma is awful, so I think that they only treat the symptoms, but never give her any answers.
    I hope that you continue to get some answers.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    I am convinced, that the gall bladder is inflamed, because like I said, the pain was gone, when I was on Prednisone.
    I am going to see my rheumy on wednesday, I wonder what he has to say.
    The pain is not so bad, that I am not able to stand it, but it is there and it is anoying.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

So, I went to see my rheumy yesterday. He can't understand, why the liver doctor said that the liver inflammation would not cause the pain. He said that any inflammation would cause pain, including the liver. That makes sence to me. But it also means, there is nothing we can do, except Prednisone, which he doesn't want me to take, long term.
    I have taken my 4th MTX shot on tuesday and hope, that it starts helping me soon.
    My liver enzymes are a little high, but in the okay zone.
    He has given me Tramadol for pain, which I will only take on really bad days.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

For me, it doesn't take hardly any liver inflammation to be *very* uncomfortable. Most pain meds will impact the liver's function unfortunately, especially nsaids and others of that ilk...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."