Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallbladder inflammation?

Thanks

Default Gallbladder inflammation?

For about six years, I have had some pain in my right, upper abdomen, right under the rib cage. Some days it hurts pretty bad, some days, it's just a faint pain. I wonder if it could be, that the gallbladder is inflammed, from the Lupus. I have been checked for gall stones, many times, no stones.
    I told my gastro doctor about it, he of course wants to do ANOTHER ulta sound, I just had one three months ago.
    The only time, I had no pain in my gallbladder region, was when I took 40 mg of Prednisone.

Does anybody have this problem?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hey Debbie,

I would have him look again. They missed mine 3 times before I changed doctors and they found the stones! Looking back I believe this was the first thing my Lupus attacked when it became completely active. I had a doc tell me that my Lupus probably inflamed it and was attacking the stones and gallbladder which is why even the small stones were a big deal to my body.

I know how painful that is and I hope they figure it out soon!
    Last edited by tgal; 09-14-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

(((hugs)))

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Hey Debbie,

I would have him look again. They missed mine 3 times before I changed doctors and they found the stones! Looking back I believe this was the first thing my Lupus attacked when it became completely active. I had a doc tell me that my Lupus probably inflamed it and was attacking the stones and gallbladder which is why even the small stones were a big deal to my body.

I know how painful that is and I hope they figure it out soon!
    Thank you,Mari.

I can't believe, that they can miss the stones three times.

Debbie
    Last edited by tgal; 09-14-2012 at 09:03 AM.
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by steve.b View Post
    (((hugs)))

Thank you, Steve.

Debbie

Thanks

Hida scan for the "efficiency" of the gall bladder. I didn't have stones, but it sure didn't work very well... check liver enzymes also. Lots of meds can "stress" the liver. 'Course, what you eat can do it too... (kettle black pot here)...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmail View Post
    Hida scan for the "efficiency" of the gall bladder. I didn't have stones, but it sure didn't work very well... check liver enzymes also. Lots of meds can "stress" the liver. 'Course, what you eat can do it too... (kettle black pot here)...
    Thanks jmail,

After my liver biopsy a couple of months ago, I have found out, that I have autoimmune Hepatitis. I will ask the doc, if the pain can come from that.

Debbie

8. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

E42brchick (09-16-2012)

Thanks

It's a very uncomfortable pressure, under the right rib cage, and if you lay on your right side, it feels like you have broken ribs? "Focused" in the front, just a little to the outside of where the gall bladder is, but also radiating around to the back of the rib cage. Weird burps, especially after eating even just a little something? That's the way mine was when my liver got involved. I just got back from the doc's again (multiple issues), and have to wait for at least 6 weeks to be certain everything is "cleaned out" of me from my previous reaction, before they test my liver again, and then *TRY* to figure out what came first, the reaction or the liver... la ti da... I can wait, as usual... lol - but yeah, the liver can *really* hurt when it's inflamed. You can also get some wild skin rashes... tic
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Debbie,
    I find this very interesting. I have a very dear friend who has had gall bladder issues for many years.
    Her sister, who has passed away, had lupus. I've often wondered whether Marty also has AI issues.
    The Medicaid system in Oklahoma is awful, so I think that they only treat the symptoms, but never give her any answers.
    I hope that you continue to get some answers.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmail View Post
    It's a very uncomfortable pressure, under the right rib cage, and if you lay on your right side, it feels like you have broken ribs? "Focused" in the front, just a little to the outside of where the gall bladder is, but also radiating around to the back of the rib cage. Weird burps, especially after eating even just a little something? That's the way mine was when my liver got involved. I just got back from the doc's again (multiple issues), and have to wait for at least 6 weeks to be certain everything is "cleaned out" of me from my previous reaction, before they test my liver again, and then *TRY* to figure out what came first, the reaction or the liver... la ti da... I can wait, as usual... lol - but yeah, the liver can *really* hurt when it's inflamed. You can also get some wild skin rashes... tic

Well, you know, I already know that my liver is inflamed, because I have Autoimmune Hepatitis, but my Liver doctor said, it shouln't cause any pain.

Debbie