Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not sure

Thanks

I am whats considered a well controlled type II diabetic -I would not be on meds for it except as jmail pointed out diabeties can be as damaging to your kidneys as lupus
    and my dr doesn't want to take any chances with my kidneys.
    Light headedness and funky urine can certainly be caused by diabeties -it is easily checked. I would definetly asked to be tested-if for no other reason than ruling it out.

Thanks

Ritz, the way you go up and down with the heart rate and bp, might be thyroid, might be arrythmia, but either way, get to the doc...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

I have been very up and down, both physically and mentally, the past few weeks. If I say anything snappy again anytime soon I apologize. I really don't know whats up with me The past few months have gone a little something like this: happy, active, energized (for me, meaning more awake than usual), on top of my school work, feeling healthy, depressed, headaches, loss of appetite, tired, angry, swollen, heart problems, falling behind in school, infections then hit repeat. This has been a really not-so-fun cycle and I don't know what the cause is. Lupus, my other ailments, or some new undiscovered problem? I went to the doctor who sent me to the hospital and had heart tests done and nothing came back even though I have been SO dizzy and out of sorts. My heart is always racing and I can feel it EVERYWHERE. He gave me a cardiologists number and I called and left a message with them today. I don't want to wait for the Childrens appointment I have all the way in November because something is really going on right now.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Thanks

Have you been tested for asthma lately, including a blood gas level? Any recent x-rays of the lungs? (I see you have "Interstitial Lung Disease".) Has a doc done an A1C test on you?
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

I had a chest xray that showed nothing. My pulmonologist said at my last appointment that if nothing came of any tests the cardiologist does in Nov then she is going to do a test for asthma while I'm up doing stuff. She doesn't think its likely but two of my three younger brothers have asthma, one who outgrew it. I honestly think part of my breathing problems, especially this time of year is Raynauds related. My rheum told me the blood vessel spasms can happen in the small blood vessels anywhere, even your lungs. I was freezing this morning and my chest felt weird and my heart was racing and I could barely breathe. I have been having terrible joint pain, which is kind of not usual for me because for the most part my pain is in my muscles, or just related to some general swelling. The pain usually isn't specifically in my joints, if that makes any sense. My hands have hurt so bad though. Typing this hurts. Doing homework hurts. I can't play any of my computer games to destress because they hurt so much. I kind of roam around on facebook most of my free time, because doing much else hurts. All over pain, weird red spots on my legs and arms. I think it could be a full blown flare probably brought on by A LOT of stress. It was bad the past few weeks and this past weekend kind of pushed me over the edge with the bad joint pain. I see a rheum this Thursday, not mine though because she cancelled her appointments this week. Hope they can fix me
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Thanks

Little red spots all over your arms and legs could be petechiae (tiny hemorrhage under the skin) from thrombocytopenia. If your platelets are under AI attack you could end up anemic and that would help you feel crumbier. Other symptoms would be nose or gum bleeds, more bruising than normal, and heavier and longer periods.

I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like you are going through a really tough time. (hugs)
    Nicole S

Acceptance is the key to happiness.

ITP - 1993
    Celiac - 2012
    Hashimoto's - 2012

CANADIAN