Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure

Thanks

Default Not sure

As some of you know, I've been having some odd ball problems lately. I've been really dizzy often, and I dont know why. I check my BP and HR frequently to make sure they aren't doing anything they shouldn't be. They have been "normal" for me and still dizzy. This morning I felt really out of sorts and came upstairs to take my BP and HR and they were around what they usually were, but I could feel my pulse all over my body. My chest has been hurting also. Everytime I stand up I get light headed. I had a "baby" fever yesterday (not what my doctors would consider a fever but it was elevated. 99.6). I also have had bladder control problems in the past, that lately I thought were under control but woke up this morning to realize that they haven't.... in other words it hasn't been a good day. I'm glad my lupus support group meeting is tonight.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The dizzy's hit me frequently, too. Usually my BP is low but sometimes a bit of milk or orange juice will help. I don't know if blood sugar is a symptom but it does seem to help. At least I run into the wall less!

Thanks

Plaquenil can cause low blood sugar, and I definitely experience dizziness, fatigue, and irritability when I go too long without eating, since I started Plaquenil. I got my blood glucose checked a while back, and even after breakfast, in was in the 50s. My doctors blame the Plaquenil.

I'm not saying that's the cause of your problems, but since you're on Plaquenil, it's worth being aware of the hypoglycemia it can cause. It's a nice excuse to carry around what I refer to as my "prescription strength jelly beans." (Though one less than bright friend of mine exclaimed when I told her that, "Wow, I didn't know you could get a prescription for candy!!" Sigh.)

I'm really sorry you're not feeling well! That just sucks.

Thanks

I actually thought I had diabetes in middle school lol I kept insisting everyone check it because I had "all the symptoms". Most of them were actually just brought about by Sjogrens. I might still have my aunts old blood sugar monitor in my room. I might look for it. I have gathered a lot of my own home medical supplies lol have a home blood pressure monitor too. Thats mostly for my mom though, she has had really bad high BP before. I doubt its blood sugar though, I've had a far bit of sweets today.

BTW this post just made me a puppy (for the second time around lol)
    Last edited by ritzbit2; 09-11-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: I'm a puppy, woof woof
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

You're probably right because you know how your body feels, but it's all I could think of. When do you see your doc next?

(Me, I'm just a lowly kitten.)

Thanks

The doc's office can do an A1C test next time you're in there, which gives them a good idea of your "average" blood sugar for the previous few weeks. Like Derrie and serand4 suggest, keeping something sweet close at hand might be a good idea. However, be careful of doing a "carb frenzy", where you can't get enough carbs, and just keep eating the sweets, which is just as bad to do. After doing a sugar "kick", get some protein to go with it. And get to the doctor's (or at least call them) and get it checked-out... diabetes can be just as damaging to kidneys as lupus.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

n.mac (09-12-2012)

Thanks

I've had some really funky smelling urine for a month now (no other urine/urinary problems) so I asked my primary if they can check it out while I'm there this Friday for my flu shot. I hope they know what all to check because my rheums the one who usually does all that. I'm sure they can do a blood sugar test then too if I think they need to. I dont go to my rheum for a few weeks. I have managed to stay away for another 2 months success!

Thanks

Most doc offices have the supplies for the A1C, which is a simple test, with a little gizmo that does a quick "mini-slice" in your finger (as opposed to the pin prick of the regular tester), and they put the blood drop in a tube with some "test chemicals", that after it sits for a certain time, will give them a reading that is "easy" to read (except by dunces like me). They could also do a "fasting" blood draw test, if I'm remembering correctly... they might be able to do a non-fasting one, but I can't remember... Where's the Wizard of Oz with my brain?
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

My pulse is very low for me right now. I normally run around at least 130 (it was 134 when I took it this morning (because I was feeling weird)) and right now its lower than its EVER been (before the heart rate problem I ran at about 90-100) at only 70. I don't know why my body keeps jumping from the two extremes. Its making me feel really sick. I'm constantly dizzy. Either somethings too low or too high making me feel dizzy. I would like to get off this rollercoaster now please. My chest hurts.

Thanks

Unless I get really sick and want to let everyone know about my condition I probably won't be posting for awhile. If anyone here is friends with me on facebook and/or has seen my blog you will know I haven't been myself lately and I don't want to say something here that will get me banned because I really do love it, but I think its limitations are absolutely ridiculous. I mean no disrespect, thats just how I feel. Hugs to you all.