Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Denied Disability

Thanks

Default Denied Disability

So I just got my SSDI denial letter today, even though the woman I talked to said it would take 3-4 months after they reviewed my medical records because it takes that long to make a medical decision. The woman told me I would be denied because I hadn't worked enough but told me I wouldn't hear anything until my medical records were reviewed and that it would take a few months. So since I got it today, and applied last Monday, I guess that means that they didn't even look at my medical records and I wasted over an hour of my life answering her questions over the phone after spending hours on my own beforehand looking up all my medical history and doctors, tests, and medications. To say I'm mad is an understatement. Its one thing to say you will probably be denied because you don't have enough work credits but if she knew that they wouldn't even look at my medical records why did she make me fill it all out!!! So aggravated. If you're under 24 you need to have worked for 1 and a half years to qualify, and I've probably only worked for 1 year total. I was dx'd at 16 when I was finally old enough to even get a job and am 19 now. So I guess that means I needed to have worked over half of the time I've been sick, and go to school. To me that makes no sense. I'm calling tomorrow and asking about it and they also filled out some of the questions incorrectly (they sent me a copy of my application) because uh THEY DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME THEM.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

unfortunatelly it takes a govermnet buracrat to really #### something.
    the american system does not make sense to me.

Thanks

I don't understand why they dont even look at your medical records if you don't meet their requirements. So a sick person has been really sick so they have barely worked so they don't qualify for disability?? Shouldn't they at least look at my medical records before making a decision?
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

Thanks

Ritz,
    Are you young enough to be considered a dependent of your parents? Is there any way that you could qualify as a disabled dependent through your parents' SS?
    Just thinkin' out loud....
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (06-26-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I understand the frustration. Just get a lawyer, most don't ask for any payment until after you get disability.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

ritzbit2 (06-20-2012), Saysusie (06-26-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Get a lawyer. You won't get help until you do and the law in the US states that they can't charge you unless they get you back pay. Sadly this is just how it usually goes
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

ritzbit2 (06-20-2012), Saysusie (06-26-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Get a lawyer. You won't get help until you do and the law in the US states that they can't charge you unless they get you back pay. Sadly this is just how it usually goes
    I didn't know that. I was thinking that I might just drop it because I really can't afford a lawyer or anything. I really have to idea what I'm doing lol I just want a fair shot...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit2 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (06-26-2012)

Thanks

Good luck ritz, I was denied twice (2nd time I had a lawyer) they screwed everything it up, the judges answer came back with all wrong info, so now my lawyers asking for a reman(d)? Basically I go through the same thing, add more doc reports and see a different judge....it's taking forever though! But this time im praying that ill finally be formally dx'd!!I hope you get it with a lawyer...it stinks knowing some people get it for "faking or over dramatizing" mental issues (I know someone who did that) and got it on the first try and then there's people with real legit issues and they get denied :/ so unfair but so like the government! Keep us posted!
    Last edited by Deemarie1223; 08-27-2012 at 12:04 AM.
    *Darla*-forever awaiting answers-

Romans 5:5 "Hope does not disappoint"

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all-and I'm Irish!"

Thanks

APPEAL, APPEAL, APPEAL.....what that will do its keep your application "alive" and if and when you get approved they should go back to date of application.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Do you live in the united states? And you should have been able to get something when you where 16 so that it made it easier on your parents. Then it should have carried over to when you were an adult. It does and doesn't make since. There are people who have been diagnosed with things as kids and there parents got federal money for them and then it carried over to them as adults.

I asked if you lived in the united states cause you can get free legal or you will only have to pay 25% of back disability. I think is the link for it.

http://www.kansaslegalservices.org/FreeLegalForms

if not send me an email and I will see if I can look up the number. They are really great and may be able to help you.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to blackeight For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-28-2012)