Thread: does this look like the butterfly rash?

Thanks

Default does this look like the butterfly rash?

Because of my fair skin and freckles, its been up in the air on if I have the mylar rash or not. I think it does. Do you? Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    *Darla*-forever awaiting answers-

Romans 5:5 "Hope does not disappoint"

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all-and I'm Irish!"

tgal is online now Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

This is one of those things we try not to do here. None of us are doctors and since there are so many causes of rashes we really can't tell you if it is a malar rash or not. Glad you are taking pictures of it because you really want to take them with you to the doctor in case it is gone when you have your appointment.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Lol its hardly ever gone. I know no one here is a doctor, I'm just looking for personal opinions. The docs have seen it many times...one of those things where one doc says yes, one doc says no.
    *Darla*-forever awaiting answers-

Romans 5:5 "Hope does not disappoint"

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all-and I'm Irish!"

Thanks

In my opinion it does look like it. Is it the malar rash? I dont know lol but I agree it looks like it could be. I dont get the typical one, its either just my cheeks up to my nose that will be affected, or I get an entirely different rash on my face that looks more like welts everywhere.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit