Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First post-33 years with lupus

Thanks

Good evening Sallie,
    Thanks for the congrats . I am glad that at least they are starting to get the symptoms under control. Perhaps this will be the start of recooperating.
    Don't worry that much about the diabetes for now as first they need to get Lupus contained! How much prednisone are you on right now? I have to admit, I have not been on anything else but prednisone and last was Plaquenil. One of the meds I need to take for my transplant is used for Lupus though....Imuran. Have you ever heard of it? Currently, I'm on no "lupus meds" because of a problem I have with my eyes....not Plaquenil caused but not a good idea to take Plaquenil with this other 'condition'. Hope you continue to improve!!

Thanks

Welcome Sallie!
    Best wishes,

M

Lupus, Secondary Raynaud's Phenomenon, Pernio (Chilblains)
    Plaquenil, Amlodipine

Thanks

Hey sally, im glad someone has lived so long with lupus because to me it seems like all hope is lost... i was diagnosed April 2012 and i still cant come to terms.. im just feeling really down at the moment...

Thanks

Hopeful Soul- hang in there! Since being diagnosed, I finished college, grad school, married, adopted a child, and had a great career as a nurse practitioner! There have been flares and remissions, but I luckily have fabulous doctors and supportive friends and family. Lupus is challenging and I am still learning -- after all these years -- how to live with it and not let it define my life. We all need the support of others (why I joined this forum). Let me know if I can help..

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sallie View Post
    Hopeful Soul- hang in there! Since being diagnosed, I finished college, grad school, married, adopted a child, and had a great career as a nurse practitioner! There have been flares and remissions, but I luckily have fabulous doctors and supportive friends and family. Lupus is challenging and I am still learning -- after all these years -- how to live with it and not let it define my life. We all need the support of others (why I joined this forum). Let me know if I can help..

this is a great story about living life despite what your health says.
    you are a good example to the rest of us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Sallie (09-22-2012)