Thread: hi im new

Thanks

Default hi im new

hi all im new here,my doc says i have lupus still have to have tests but they say the big red butterfly on my face gives it away not really sure what else to say as ive been lurking for a few days now and didnt know wither to join the group or not

Thanks

welcome to whl family feel free to look around and read some of our profiles and our messages. we have people from all over the world as members here. my name is kim and i am from sydney australia.look forward to getting to know you.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to the WHL family! While I am very sorry about what brought you here I am very happy that you decided to join. This is a fabulous group of people and it really is nice to have a place where people know just what you are going through. Please make yourself at home and I look forward to getting to know you better
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

thanks guys,im still trying to understand the lupus thing so i will have a good read of everything here.

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the find...you always have friend's here in WEHAVELUPUS...feel free to share whatever you like! I'm always open ears.

Thanks

Welcome, glad you joined
    ~ Morrison
    SLE and Sjogrens
    It's hard to take over the world when you sleep 20 hours a day (Get Fuzzy)

Thanks

so i was told i have to have a biopsy on my face on the 13th,and im a little scared could anyone tell me what happens does it hurt/scar?

Thanks

No it won't hurt, you might feel discomfort but it's nothing like pain. They are gonna put you on anesthetics anyways!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BeezyKang For This Useful Post:

mamto3boys (09-03-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi, welcome to the group. Glad you found us. I have found that this is a very warm welcoming informational group not affraid to talk about anything. Love it here! Look forward to hearing more from you.

Gretchyn

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mamto3boys View Post
    so i was told i have to have a biopsy on my face on the 13th,and im a little scared could anyone tell me what happens does it hurt/scar?
    I have had four punch biopsies. They're not a huge deal. The dermatologist will first numb the area with an injectable anesthetic. That will sting a little for a second or two, and then everything will be wonderfully numb. Next, the dermatologist will remove a small chunk of your skin. You may feel pressure or tugging when she does this, but not pain.

Then, she will stitch up the site with one or two stitches. You'll need to keep the stitches clean and covered with a bandaid for a week or so, but you'll be able to shower as normal. Then you go in, and they take the stitches out, which is quick and painless-- a little tugging at the most.

Regarding scarring, I have never had a biopsy on my face, and I know facial skin heals a little faster that elsewhere. There has been small scars left behind by my biopsies, which are small, flat, and slightly darker than the rest of my skin. However, they're definitely fading over time. My oldest biopsy site is essentially normal now, and I'm not exactly sure where it is (it's only about eight months old). The more recent biopsy sites are still a little purple-ish, but they're definitely fading.

So, basically, my biopsies were not a big deal. And as a side note, they were actually quite helpful in establishing what was going on with me! So try not to be scared. Also, if you're feeling nervous, it may help to bring someone along with you to hold your hand. It's amazing how something as simple as someone there for moral support can help.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Derrie For This Useful Post:

mamto3boys (09-04-2012)