Thread: Following Up With Dr Hunk on Tuesday

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Following Up With Dr Hunk on Tuesday

My first impression of Dr Hunk was positive (really, how could it not be?), but he didn't have my recs from my prior rheumy and my PCP had recently run an ANA, CRP and ESR and all were normal. He's probably thinking that I'm just a bored housewife looking for a spark in my day--getting examined by Dr Hunk, especially since he re-ran the tests and all were WML.

Uh, no.

I'm hopeful that all of my recs have now been received from my old rheumy which will show previously positive ANA, positive histones, elevated ESR, SS-B, +lip biopsy and +Schirrmer's test and the results from the SICCA Study at UCSF.

Oh, and I recently took golf lessons (bucket list item-was SOOOO much fun-am wondering what took me so darn long to take 'em in the first place), but boy, were the joints in my fingers and hands swollen and painful the following day? Do you think the swelling/pain was because of SLE or any newbie would've had this?

Anyway, wish me luck on Tuesday and let's hope Dr Hunk's brains aren't located in his lovely biceps. Because, I fear that if he's one of "those" rheumy's that believes that your ANA must always be positive in order to have SLE, then I'll be shopping for a new doctor--the portly, balding guy that paid attention in class v his pecs, perhaps.

I won't be second guessed.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

rember it is not lupus related to trip over your drooling toungue lol.
    at least you can laugh about it at the moment.
    let hope his brains are as big as his biceps.

keep us updated.

Thanks

He's not just a pretty face and his brains are bigger than his biceps.

He felt me up (get your minds outta the gutter-I've had joint pain in my hands and feet since taking golf lessons) and he said there was actually less swelling this visit vs initial visit.

RTC x 3 months. In the meantime, labs including liver/kidney function tests, CBC, ESR, etc.

Looks like I'm keeping Dr Hunk in my arsenal. Grrrrr

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BonusMom For This Useful Post:

steve.b (09-04-2012)

Thanks

It's nice having a "Dr. Hunk", whether male for a female patient, or a female doc for a male patient. I've got a female doc, and she pays lots of attention to me (I helped "pay" for her boat and vacation this year).

As for golf, it's been years since I did it "regular", and at that, about the only thing I was good at hitting were the trees and rough. I'd get my money out of my greens fees, and I made it worth my while to play, hitting across the green five and six times (sand traps are more than an adventure), just for the fun of it, and to watch several foursomes play through at each hole. Course, the other folks with my group would get tired of me about the 4th or 5th hole, and usually ask "is it OK to leave you behind?"... But seriously, I almost always blistered, even with one of those fancy batting gloves on, and would also hurt like "beans" in the shoulders, hips and knees the next day from the swinging. 'Course, if I'd been more "efficient" with my strokes... Not only that, but it wouldn't cost so much for the balls... Your feet might hurt from the walking, and the hands from the grip/swivel/swing, but I'm sure SLE contributes its share...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

You know what they say about a doctor with big biceps....

....BIG MEDICAL BILLS!!! ;-}

Hope you feel better soon....