Thread: very dry skin on sun exposed areas but not typical dle?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default very dry skin on sun exposed areas but not typical dle?

Ok, attmepting this for the THIRD time! So the tops of my toes are very white and flaky, and my toenails have become hard with white build up underneath as well. Even my shins are bad! You could peel me with a peeler...it looks like a peeling sunburn-all the time and I'm not burnt! These areas (other then my arms which have a different rash all on their own) are the most sun exposed (I live in capris and flip flops). My feet are "summer hardened" as well, very dry underneath, back of heals, ball of foot etc, worse I've seen in yrs. So i showed my primary doc last week, she mumbled something about "calcified something or other" and gave me an rx for. Fluocinolone(sp). After some research I found this to be quite a potent sterios cream and used widely for dle. I just wish SOMEONE would dx me already! Sorry...rambling..so have any of you used this cream? does it help?Or have some insight on my weird rash and if dle *can* take a different form? Id greatly appreciate it, as always! Thanks (finally got this finished on the 3rd attempt from my phone...uughh) hope YOU ALL ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY!
    *Darla*-forever awaiting answers-

Romans 5:5 "Hope does not disappoint"

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all-and I'm Irish!"

Thanks

I'm still getting over my allergic reaction, so my skin is still overly sensitive, but I went out yesterday, covered with a broad-brimmed hat, long-sleeved shirt with a collar, long jeans & boots, sun screen on the face, neck & hands, and work gloves and cut the grass in the front ditch. Easy-peasy, right? Besides being exhausted, I reacted to the sun just a bit afterwards. Today, I'm peeling on my hands and ankles again, and my face feels really weird... So sun reaction can be really strange (for me, at least). Have you looked at pictures of psoriasis? You doc didn't mention that at all? Do you have access to a dermatologist?
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

Deemarie1223 (08-30-2012)

Thanks

Yes I have a dermy but she hasn't seen my feet, I've been thinkin about showin her though my doc didn't say psorisis(sp). She really didn't say anything except "looks calcified blah blah trails off" so now I'm gonna go pick up the cream and hope it works. I miss my pretty feet goof to know that sun reaction can be weird and different! Thanks jmail
    *Darla*-forever awaiting answers-

Romans 5:5 "Hope does not disappoint"

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all-and I'm Irish!"

Thanks

Take pictures, with as much detail as you can get, with and without flash, so the dermy can see it. If you can, get into their office before it goes away. 'Course, I say that, and must warn you that they may want to take a "core sample" biopsy of the skin, or at the least, a "scraping", neither of which are real "comfortable"...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."