Thread: Blisters

Thanks

Default Blisters

Does anyone have non-rash skin issues associated with their lupus? I'm in the middle of a mostly-skin based flare right now. I don't get the classic butterfly rash but I do have a pretty good rash going on my neck and thigh. I'm also noticing blisters -- a fever blister right on my lip that's pretty painful along with the some blisters in the southern regions, if you know what I mean. (I know that it is not herpes; these blisters look nothing like those.) I get blisters every few months or so and am wondering if anyone else with lupus notices that they have those during flares too.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

All of the above. I get terrible blisters in my nose and mouth. there areany different kinds of Lupis rashes. I would suggest taking pictures to show your doctor in case they are all cleared up when you have your next Appointment. Also write them down in your symptoms journal with the duration of each event.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-28-2012)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Many Lupus patients can develop Bullous Lupus. You should make an appointment with your doctor, while the blisters are viable, in order for appropriate tests to be run and treatment to begin.
    Not all blistering eruptions that occur in patients with lupus erythematosus represent bullous systemic lupus erythematosus. Vesiculobullous skin lesions can also develop as a result of extensive damage to the skin due dermatitis with Lupus. In such cases, patients may have severe cutaneous lupus that resembles Rowell Syndrome or TEN (toxic epideural
    erythema multiforme–like lupus erythematosus, or another cutaneous manifestation of lupus erythematosus.
    Since your blisters can be the results of several things, it is important that you bring them to the attention of your doctor. Please let us know what you and your doctor find out. I wish you the very best.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-29-2012), tgal (08-28-2012)