Thread: Yoga/chiropractor?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Yoga/chiropractor?

Has anyone ever done either or both to help with joint pain and if so, do you find it helped or not? Thanks!
    *Darla*-forever awaiting answers-

Romans 5:5 "Hope does not disappoint"

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all-and I'm Irish!"

Thanks

Darla,
    I went to a chiropractor for his free evaluation and a 30 minute massage by one of the masseuses who work for him.
    He was kind, caring and knowledgeable. He noticed my neurological problems very quickly. He did some research to try to figure out what's going on with me, but he came to the conclusion that it was probably best that he not try any chiropractic maneuvers on me.
    The massage was another story. I'm now a regular with the masseuse, Noelle. I get two massages a month, and they do help.
    My husband does yoga to strengthen his back. He had disc surgery 13 years ago, and the yoga helps him a lot. He's gotten me to try it a few times, but getting on and off the floor is just exhausting for me, and my body just won't move smoothly any more.
    I had very good results when I did Physical Therapy. I found one that has a treadmill built into a huge hot tub. Exercising in that thing was heavenly!
    The problem was that my co-pay was $20 and doing that twice a week got a bit expensive.
    I hope that whichever you choose helps you. We just have to each find out what works for us.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Deemarie1223 (08-26-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Exercise is good when not over done. However becareful when it comes to chiropractor; I met one who thought he could cure lupus and cancer with daily manipulation of the neck vertebrae which would allow the primal (?) portion of the brain to function freely to cure the body of all ills.

The more I thought about it the more I thought "Quack"

Toni

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Deemarie1223 (08-26-2012)

Thanks

I'm not sure that I'm going to try either, it was suggested to me from someone who doesn't know much about AI diseases. Thats why I asked the advice from here....a massage sounds great! But I can't afford it thanks for the insight
    *Darla*-forever awaiting answers-

Romans 5:5 "Hope does not disappoint"

"If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have none at all-and I'm Irish!"

Thanks

I have been seeing a Chiropractor for many years(No I do not see him everyday) previous to Diagnosis / SLE. I do Yoga/ Martial Arts stretching. Also I do a form of Tensegrity and lift weights still.
    It is painful to exercise most of the time, But so is just sitting around like a lump.
    RTB *does TV commercial imitation* "Its good that you still eat your cheerios, but you still have to go to the gym"