Thread: I have a question about muscles!

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default I have a question about muscles!

What to take and does anyone else have this. It feels as though i can feel all my muscles in my body. Sometimes it feels like they are creepy crawly and I have feel them tighten up and have to think real hard to get it to stop doing that. I also think that they are getting weaker I just don't have the strength to do the things I did a few months ago. My legs will start shaking and feel as though they are just going to give out. My hip and lower back is well just wow, well not working as it should and causes me a lot of pain. But mri's ex-rays and ct-scans show nothing other than some arthritis, slightly bulging disc, and a few other things but they say nothing that should be causing me the pain I am having. I have had epiderals, SI injections and nothing seems to be working for it. Does anyone else have these issues and problems and what do you do for it?

I am just wondering if its my lupus or something else going on that no doctor seems to be able to find.

Thank you for the help and replies, I am a newbie and I get scared of everything at this point that happens with my body. The smallest pain somewhere I am like oh no, what is going on now.

Gretchyn

Thanks

For me, just the necessary "slowing down" from all this stuff has been enough to make my muscles go weird on me. If you were active at all before, you will have issues with "muscle atrophy" as you slow down. I have to almost force myself to just get up and move and do my "core" exercises. I do have to skip the "bad" days, and not over-do things when I feel better. Do what you can for exercise... Similar symptoms also go with fibromyalgia. I've had EMGs, and other tests for symptoms similar to yours. That said, they've tried me on lyrica and a couple other similar meds, and though I don't like the effect, I'm pretty sure it'd just be a matter of finding a good balance with the docs' help. Other folks do have CNS issues from lupus.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

blackeight (08-20-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What in the heck is CNS? I have never heard of that. And yeah I was active just a few months ago I could bench 120 lbs on the bowflex and was doing good now I have problems just moving clothes on the hanger in the closet. I used to go for 2 walks a day to the pool everyday with my kids, play with my pitts and now if I get 1 room clean and supper made I am doing good. This sucks I feel so lazy but hurt and my muscles feel so weird all the time and my hip omg my hip is killing me not to mention my back. I read somewhere the other day that lupus when it attacks joints usually the hip is the first one it goes for. I wasn't sure how accurate that was so thought I would get on here and see.

Thanks!

Thanks

CNS = Central Nervous System-- your brain and spinal cord.

Sorry you're in pain. I can relate. I used to be a long-range hiker, and I've had to slow down a lot. This weekend, I did a pretty easy seven-mile hike and felt okay... Until the next day. Now, two days later, I'm still paying for it. It was still worth it, though. I can't completely give up what I love.

I hope you find some balance, too...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Derrie For This Useful Post:

blackeight (08-20-2012)

Thanks

I totally understand, because I have issues with my muscles on a daily basis. The pain is in muscles, I didn't even know I had.
    Look for a pm.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

blackeight (08-20-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

The truth is that there is no "usual" with Lupus. It attacks us all differently which is one of the reason that it is so hard to diagnose. There are things that many people get but even those are not a guarantee. Be careful what and where you read on the internet. There is a bunch of bad info out there. (There is good info as well I am just saying be careful)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~