Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Am Very Scared

Thanks

Default I Am Very Scared

I haven't been diagnosed but have a positive Ana low tiger nucleolar pattern. No symptoms but suddenly c3c is low. I have had trace blood in urine and protein a couple years ago then it was gone. Now I have some again I am petrfied I have nephritis and I will be dead soon.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL. First of all many healthy people have a positive ANA. It is one of many things looked at when making a Lupus diagnosis. Next, Lupus is not a death sentence. With the right medications most Lupus patients live long and productive lives. Yes, some modifications may have to be made ( like staying out of the sun) but even if you end up having an Auto Immune disease it doesn't mean you will be dead soon

try to stay calm until you know what is going on with your body. Until the. We will be here for you

On a side note... The nuclear pattern tends to lead doctors in the direction of scholederma although it can be found in other things as well
    Last edited by tgal; 08-13-2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-14-2012)

Thanks

Thank you I really could use some support. I am aware of scleroderma but the low c3c tends to go toward lupus. I am afraid of a kidney biopsy and even more the results. I don't want to die .

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JillP For This Useful Post:

tgal (08-13-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I know it is scary but even if they find something it doesn't mean you will die. "Don't borrow trouble" meaning, don't freak out about things that haven't happened ( like dying). Take one day at a time. Most things can be sealy with before death. It's going to be OK
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Jill,
    Please don't feel doom is upon you. Even if you have mephritis, that does not mean you will die. I have had Lupus since I was 14. I was diagnosed late and my kidney had become involved....protien in urine, had a kidney biopsy. But I was treated for my Lupus, and though it took 3 months for me to get back on my feet, I survived. My kidney was always the most worrisome. I had several flairs in my life (I am now 61!!!! I'm still kicking!) and each flair did involve my kidney. Each time my meds brought me through. Finally, at age 41, my kidneys could not handle the high blood pressure I was haveing due to another med I was taking and I had to go on dialysis. That was not the end of me. I continued my part time job ....I sold Avon to a major degree...and took care of my two girls and husband. I got a transplant at age 42 and here I am.... some 19 years later still teaching and taking care of my family. Most certainly, you have a whole life ahead of you. Please don't be scared.....God helped me all the way through.....he's there for you too. You will be fine. Linda

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LindaJ For This Useful Post:

blackeight (08-14-2012), Deimos (06-26-2013), steve.b (08-14-2012), tgal (08-13-2012)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Jill,

I understand the fear, because I've felt it too. If it does turn out that you have Lupus, please believe me when I say that with proper meds and appropriate lifestyle changes, Lupus is not the death sentence that it once was.

I was diagnosed with SLE in 2004, and I'm still going strong. My mother has lived with SLE for 23 years now, and at the age of 77, she is still going as strong as ever too.

I know that there is nothing any one person can say that will take away all of your fear. But, maybe some of it can end if you think about all of the people here who have lived with Lupus for many, many years. There are hundreds of active members who are living with Lupus here at WHL, and we're only one out of many online Lupus support groups.

By being proactive in finding out what's going on with your body, you have put yourself on the right track, and you are doing the right things. And, you are also doing the right thing by seeking the support of others who understand.

Please know that your are not alone,

Rob

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

LindaJ (08-25-2012), steve.b (08-14-2012), tgal (08-13-2012)

Thanks

Also, Jill, for what it's worth, low C3 does not definitively mean you have kidney involvement. I have had both low C3 and C4 for almost a year now, and my kidneys are fine. Different lab results can lean toward a certain diagnosis, but tests like ANA, C3, C4, etc. are non-specific, so a low C3 and a positive ANA are just more clues to the big picture, not the complete story.

As Rob said, you're not alone. We're a big, supportive family here, and we're here for you.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derrie For This Useful Post:

LindaJ (08-25-2012), tgal (08-13-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

jill,
    i too have lived with lupus for about 35 years.

please slow down the worry.
    find out what is actually happenning.

hopefully it can be addressed with proper medication.

please keep us informed, as you find out more.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome, I was just recently diagnosed with Lupus and a couple of other things to go along with it. I understand that it is very scary and sucks at times, well ok most of the time so far for me. But i can tell you that you are in the perfect place for support and information and loving caring people. I don't know what I would have done if I wouldn't have found this site. I don't know anything about the blood work stuff so I wouldn't be the one to talk too. But I do understand the being scared stuff. If you ever want or need someone to talk too feel free to send me an email.

Gretchyn

Thanks

hello and welcome to the site i am so sorry you are so scared but try to calm down we are here to support you. i have lupus my mother has it and she is 65 and has had kidney problems since she was a teen . my daughter has it and is now experiencing kidney problems i know it can be scary we all feel that way at times but we just have to get all the information and tests first before jumping to fear which is so hard i know . just understand we are here for you. hugs kim