Thread: scared, kidney question?

Thanks

Default scared, kidney question?

Soooo.... I've been having frequent urination which is normal for me becuase I drink ALOT of water, thing is I feel like I have to go, but only a little comes out. I'm also getting low back pain where I've been using my tens unit nightly and sharp pain in what seems to be my right kidney. I have no appetite which is not me at all, and am nauceous (sp) and have been sleeping so much more than I normally do. I have no swelling. I don't really want to think about it. but I don't want to put it off either, Im unsure of what to do. It may be a UTI, which I use to get tons of and I don't want to sound like a hypochondriach either.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

Get to your PCP or a urologist and get it checked. UTIs are not something that you should ignore.
    I have a daughter with only one working kidney, and she often had small, "silent" infections.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I have to agree with Marla, my daughter neclected her bladder infection, it then turned into a kidney infection and ended up with a puss pocket in her kidney. She was in the hospital for two weeks, on IV antibiotics.
    Have it checked out, asap.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

You do need to get to the doctor because UTI'S shouldn't be ignored but if what you are worried about is Lupus related kidney issues you can breathe a sigh of relief because there is seldom any pain with it. Most people don't even know there is an issue until testing.

So go to your doctor and have it checked out without the big "LN" worrying you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~