Thread: Increased Risk Of Lupus Possible Following Chronic Exposure To Staph Bacteria

Thanks

Default Increased Risk Of Lupus Possible Following Chronic Exposure To Staph Bacteria

Chronic exposure to even small amounts of staph bacteria could be a risk factor for the chronic inflammatory disease lupus, Mayo Clinic research shows. Staph, short for Staphylococcus aureus, is a germ commonly found on the skin or in the nose, sometimes causing infections...

More...

Thanks

... velly intellesting...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

As Spock would say-

Fascinating...

Thanks

Yeah, the Laugh In routine has gotten old, and Spock is definitely more precise in his vocabulary...

What "fascinates" me about it is that I've been treated for staph infections twice, with the 2nd one being done like I had tuberculosis, with the one antiboiotic for 2 weeks, the other for 6. That was about 20 years ago... I began the autoimmune stuff like the *next* year... "The data supplied would not support such a hypothesis in this case, but might insinuate a coincidental gathering of the circumstances."...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

That is interesting. 4 years before I had to stop working I went in for outpatient surgery to have my gallbladder removed I ended up with a staph infection on my nose from the oxygen mask. I have always seen that (the gallbladder problem) as the beginning of my illness. Maybe it was actually the staph.

Something to think about
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~