Thread: get this?? DECLINING ANA TITRE

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default get this?? DECLINING ANA TITRE

my ANA titre has declined since my first visit to the dr
    from 1:1280 to 1:640 .

What do you think that means ????

Thanks

My Rheumatologist told me that it meant nothing for the titer to move up and down. He also said that it increasing didn't mean that the disease was progressing. [I assume that's true. I really don't trust doctors anymore.] Saysusie just recently posted a very informative post about how the test really works. The titer has to be certain numbers: like 1:20, 1:40, 1:80, 1:160, 1:320, 1:640, 1:1280, etc. The last number doubles every "step" up. So, 1:1280 is only one "step" up from 1:640. I think I learned that from Saysusie too.

Titer is a big deal to me. The first "Rheumatologist" I went to, said that because mine was "low" that I didn't have lupus (even though I fit more than four of the eleven criteria not even counting that one). He told me that some women just naturally and normally have a positive ANA with a low titer. Now, my titer is high enough that there is no question. My current Rheumatologist never did question it. But, the first guy made me have doubts.

I didn't mean to seem like a know-it-all. I was excited that I knew the answer to something

Thanks

Interesting...
    My first titre was 1:1280 & now 1:640....but I have no symptoms.
    Its crazy. I dont know what to do.
    All of my blood tests are normal with exception to the titre. Strange

Thanks

Chiper010-

So have you been diagnosed with Lupus? Does anyone know, can you be diagnosed with Lupus when all you have is a positive ANA and symptoms? Or do other blood tests HAVE to confirm it? My ANA is 1:640 and I have symptoms, but normal bloodwork otherwise, so far.

Thanks!
    Brenda