Thread: what pain meds should i expect

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default what pain meds should i expect

My Lupus had been misdiagnosed for many years and I am taking a substantial amount of narcotics. Is this typical for Lupus patients as well? God knows, I hurt all over, and my pain meds are all that get me out of bed - not to mention to work. Every doc I have talked to says go back to your PCP because they refuse to write scripts. What is up with that? :?:
    Gloria

Thanks

I get perscribed 100 vicodin and 60 percosets a month. I know the feeling. Everyone has been worried about addiction with me, but what type of quality of life can I have if I can't move. So yeah, I think its normal.

Thanks

As far as I'm concerned I could not have made it through some days without my narcotics! My PCP prescribed vicodin at first, but that seemed like a glorified asperin, so we have progressed up the narcotic ladder slowly ending on the morphine rung. I only take it when I absolutely have to, but I worry about addictions too. Right now I'm addicted to not being in pain 24/7, and as long as I don't start taking the pills like M&M's I'll be fine. So will you.

Take Care

Thanks

And if the doctor refuses pain meds?

Thanks

I have 60 Vicodin prescribed every month. No more, no less. For now it works cause my PCP does NOT like giving them to me, says she doesn't want me addicted. BUT since last October when I got the final diagnosis of SLE she has been way more helpful with them than before.
    If your dr doesn't understand the pain Lupus can/will cause then find another one, cause that one just doesn't understand Lupus period I think. Not that I'm an advocate of narcotics but when it's a choice between lots of pain vs a few pills I'll take the pills any day (hmmm and I do LOL).

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Shoshana;
    I do hope that you are not selling these products. If so, this is the wrong place to solicit. If there are medications/treatments that you know about that you think will help lupus sufferers, please tell us about them.

Saysusie

Thanks

Medicine??? Hey I clink when I walk. My doctor has been very good at keeping me comfortable. I take hydrocodine which really concerned me at first. But I play it by ear...there are some days I do not have to take much but days I flare up and have to take more. Plaquenil is also my daily regime which seems to be helping. Because of my not having a thyroid I am prone to being very stressed and sometimes depressed. The doc game me something for that and my regular doc started me on Lexapro for depression. I argued with him for 30 minutes that I was not depressed and believe me it is hard to argue with an Oriental doc. He won. But let me tell you....he was right....after a month my pain lessened and I sleep like a baby. I hate taking any medicine but if it helps me cope and at least have what my impression of a normal day is....I am going to take it.
    Terry