Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does Nioxin really work for HairLoss?

Thanks

Default Does Nioxin really work for HairLoss?

Hi everybody! I've only been diagnosed 4 months ago. I'm new to all this. I've had my share of flares, but the one thing that's been depressing me the most is my hair loss problem. My hair's been thinning out. I just started Nioxin cleanser and scalp therapy this weekend. Will it really help me? Does anyone have any positive Nioxin stories for me? I really want my hair to grow back. :cry:

Thanks

It has worked for me!

I am a former hair dresser, and I used it before i got sick, just to test it... I had to STOP usingit because I already had so much to begin with I was starting to look like Roseanne Roseanna Danna with straight hair! You're supposed to shed a certain amount everyday... I wasn't losing any!

So, then after I got sick and was losing all of my hair I started using it again... I don't know if it helped GROW my hair, but it definitely slowed the loss of my hair!

One thing however, you SHOULD use both the shampoo and the scalp therapy... they don't work as well seperately... You don't need the WHOLE line if you can't afford it, but those two basics are essential...

Also, if you do choose to use the rest of the line they do work really well... When I first started using it after I got sick I got the whole line...

One more thing, (I know, I know) I would make sure that you have a leave on conditioner as well (Not theirs... it's kind of crappy) because the Nioxin WILL dry out your hair... And then, after your hair isn't as thin, only use it every other washing and use a moisturizing shampoo and condidtioner in between!

Good luck!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I just bought the Nioxin system yesterday. Shampoo, conditioner and spray on "stuff." Sorry - I forget what they are actually called, and I'm too lazy to go look. :roll:

I am glad to hear the positive results... I sure hope they work as well for me as they did for you SoleSinger. My hair was sort of thin to begin with and it's been coming out by the handful for a couple weeks now.

Thanks

I have been using the Nioxin Shampoo For about two weeks now and I can definitely tell a difference, I still have a lot of hair shed but not as much as before. I did stop using the scalp therapy though because it gave me a funny rash on my head, and it was really drying my hair out. So know I am just using the cleanser and conditioner. But I can tell that even that is working. Good luck with whatever you choose to use.
    What hurts, Will only make us stronger

Thanks

Default Good things about Nioxin

I've been using the Nioxin Cleanser and scalp therapy conditioner for 5 days now. I've noticed that less hair has been found in the shower drain and in my comb. That's a good thing!

I used to clog the drain all the time. It freaked me out when I combed my hair after I shower and find clumps of hair falling out. I don't know how to fix my hair anymore. I have to find a way to cover up my bald spots! :cry: My hair has gotten very thin. The whole hairloss situation has gotten me so depressed. But, now that I see positive results from the Nioxin, it gives me hope that my hair will grow back eventually. There's parts of my head where I see little hairs growing back in patches. I just wish my hair can grow in faster. I've also started taking vitamin supplements for the hair. I'll try anything to get my hair to grow back.

Thanks

Which vitamin are you taking for your hair? I need all the help I can get, too!

Thanks

Nioxin has some, but Prenatal vitamins help!

Thanks

Where do u get this Nioxin at? I'm in LA... i looked at Albertsons, Ralphs, and Target... i've sorta looked at Walmart... but was in a rush. :?
    If anything WHERE DO U FIND THIS THING?

Thanks

You have to get it at a salon, it's a professional product...

Thanks

I got it at a beauty supply store in our local mall called Trade Secrets - it's a chain where they sell salon type products.