Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OK, now I'm worried...

Thanks

Glad to hear you are doing at least a little better!
    Its hard to believe we can actually miss work-its a shame to waste sick days on actual sickness.lol!
    Take care-I hear cellulitis can be painfull to say the least.
    Niall

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmail View Post
    .....erythema multiforme major whatevericus stuff....
    and i thought the doctors used big words !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad you are starting to make sense out of the mess.

Thanks

Yeah Steve, the medical "professionals call it "EMM" for short, with the WS being my addition, so it's EMMWS, aka emwuz. When the hemo doc saw my pix on the wife's phone, she said I'd gotten into the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (who's he?? I asked)... Anyway, someone else posted about it and the other similar skin thangs just about the time I started into my version of it. Really weird coincidence. and yeah Niall, having to be off work sick, *AND* being really sick, is a big bummer. Can't get a thing done around the house when in this condition... lol - As for the pain, it's a relative thang. It definitely hurts, but can't touch that "pruritic rash" feeling I just had the last few weeks - tic... |;^)
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Hey Jmail,
    I've just caught up on this thread again. What a rollercoaster!
    At least, it sounds like the rash is getting better and you are beginning to get some answers.
    The system of slowly adding the meds back in reminds me of what we had to do with foods when my second baby had severe food allergies.
    Interesting - your description of your rash sounds exactly like the rash that she had if I ate tomato sauce and then nursed her.
    I had to change my diet while she was a nursing baby.
    If I were you, I'd be scared to add in the last few meds. It would be scary to react badly again.
    Good luck, and keep us updated.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hey Marla! Well, I'm on antibiotics now (3rd med introduced), with a cellulitis infection on each calf, with the right looking and acting downright scary. I'm also throwing new "sores" on my feet and back, and having issues with breathing, so I don't know *what* to think... Guess I'll start calling the docs first thing Monday AM, if I don't end up in the ER sooner... sigh "smile and wave boys, smile and wave"...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

LindaJ (09-02-2012)

Thanks

Jmail,
    It's Wednesday - do you have any news?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I've been back to the pcp, and while the leg "looks better", they aren't happy with my "progress" (neither am I). I'm supposed to call them back tomorrow and let them know how I'm doing before the weekend. I still have to keep the leg elevated, and have spent the last two days doing nothing but. It's tough enough "working" on a computer as it is, what with the unco-operative fingers I've got anymore, plus the brain that doesn't want to function in an appropriate manner for communications structuring, and now we add in the task of trying to balance a laptop on my belly... Tain't a perty sight fer certain. Almost got the cat last night when I dropped the 'puter... lol - I'm still smilin', just ain't laughin' much lately. Think I'll get my Christmas present from my boys out, which is The Penguins: Operation DVD...

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

E42brchick (09-01-2012), n.mac (08-24-2012), steve.b (08-24-2012)

Thanks

LOL - a familiar scenario. My cat curls up against my hip as I sit on the couch with the laptop. Sometimes my leg will spasm uncontrollably and that will really make Casper jump. He's a flame-point Siamese who weighs over 17 lbs, so it's a funny sight when he gets alarmed.
    Right now, we're dog-sitting my neighbor's little dog. He's a Chihuahua/Chinese Crested mix - one of those dogs who is so ugly, he's cute. He also likes to curl up next to my hip. He's been a bit startled by my leg spams, too.
    Take care - I hope that those legs continue to improve.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

My right ankle looks like one of those chihuahua/Chinese thingies has been chewing on it, what with the sores and peeling skin... lol - at least it's not swelling like it was, tho I still feel "puny", but better. Sslloowwwww recuperation (aka: oldmanitis).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jmail View Post
    My right ankle looks like one of those chihuahua/Chinese thingies has been chewing on it, what with the sores and peeling skin... lol - at least it's not swelling like it was, tho I still feel "puny", but better. Sslloowwwww recuperation (aka: oldmanitis).
    Sorry it is taking so long but at least it is getting better and not worse!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

13. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-27-2012)