Thread: Opinion Needed

Thanks

Default Opinion Needed

So I need an opinion on whether I should go to the doctor or ride this out for a few more days:

Two nights ago I went to bed with a sore throat. I get a really dry mouth/throat from Sjogren's so I didn't think too much of it. However, it was worse the next morning, and it has been getting progressively worse since. I also feel more exhausted than usual and I feel "sick". Not lupus sick, more like virus/infection sick. But it's only been a couple of days and usually I would just ride it out for a while.

One reason to would wait is because to see a doc on the weekend means seeing somebody new that doesn't know my history. Doesn't sound like a fun experience to me.

My concern is that I am on Trexall. And I know it's doing it's job because I have a wound from a mole that needed to be removed that just won't heal. So I am wondering if the Trexall has made me more prone to getting a virus/infection and I should go see the doc. I start a new job on Wednesday and I need to be well enough to work by then.

I feel like I am answering my own question here, but what do you think?

Thanks,
    Kelli

Thanks

Well, the wors that's going to happen at Urgent Care (beside the co-pay!) is you are not going to agree with the doctor's treatment, which you could ignore and wait to see your Dr. on Monday.

Hope you feel better.....
    Missy

Thanks

Thanks,
    I decided not to go. I am feeling a little better today. Tomorrow I'll figure out if I need to go see the doc.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

You are the best predictor of your body and, as long as you continue to pay attention to your body, when you need to see a doctor. I waited too long one time thinking that I just had a case of the new flu and ended up in the hospital for two weeks on intraveneous antibiotics. So, pay close attention to your body and your symptoms (don't be like me) and continue to make good decisions based upon knowing yourself!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie