Thread: Howdy from Arkansas!

Thanks

Default Howdy from Arkansas!

Hi All!

I'm very happy to have found such an active community, where I can connect with people who truly understand how hard it can be to get through some days when you have Lupus. I was diagnosed with Lupus in 2010, along with a lot of other health issues.

I am married to the most wonderful man in the world, Jeremy. I have two grown children - a daughter and a son - and the cutest, sweetest grandson on the planet. I am a successful freelance web content writer, which I love. I also enjoy cooking, gardening, all types of crafts (especially quilting), reading, camping, and so much more. I am also a huge Big Brother fan and a Survivor fan.

I look forward to making new friends here, and to learning new ways to deal with the challenges that we all face.

Shyley MacFarland

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi, and welcome.
    there are a few of us grand parents here.
    i live for my 4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-31-2012)

Thanks

Welcome!!!!!! I am so happy you found all of us!!!!! I have to say everything on your list I love also! I have an amazing better half that tends to get me through the days and nights when I just want to give up. I have no idea where I would be if I did not have my Tim. We love to camp and try to escape as much as we can when I am healthy. You will appreciate this from one camper to another........all of my girlfriends and I planned a camping trip for this past weekend. Last Wednesday I had to go into the doctor and came out of the office with steroids and antibiotics..........which meant no camping for me. My friends all showed up on Saturday morning and put up a tent in my living room and we watched movies and ate ice cream. It was one of the moments that took me by surprise but made me feel better than I could imagine! Have you read any good books lately?????
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danica01 For This Useful Post:

magistramarla (08-01-2012), Saysusie (07-31-2012)

Thanks

Hi Shyley,
    Welcome to WHL. I'm another one of the Grandmas here. I have five grown children and my fourth grandbaby is coming in October. I have three grandsons, and this one will be my first grand-daughter. My only son is getting married in three weeks, so we're hoping to have a grandbaby or two from him before too much longer.
    I'm a retired teacher and I also love to cook.
    I'm glad you found us!
    Hugs,
    Marla

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Shyley,

Welcome to WHL. I visited your Lupus website, and I found your article titled "Lupus Medications: Do They Do More Harm Than Good?" to be particularly frank, and honest in it's asessment of the meds that we take. In your writing you strike a delicate balance between communicating both the positive and the negative aspects of the cornerstone Lupus meds in a way that is both fair, and honest.

You state the facts without unneeded drama or embellishment, and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 08-01-2012 at 07:23 PM.