Hello all!

I'm really new here so apologise if I've posted in the wrong place. I'm after a bit of advice really; lupus is something that's been suggested to me to get tested for because of symptoms I've had for years and my Grandmother also has lupus.

I know that anyone can look at symptoms of a disease/illness and convince themselves they have it but I just wondered whether anyone with it has ever experienced sharp stabbing pains in the lower abdomen (near the groin) that radiates down the back of the leg to the knee and sometimes to the ankle. I've had it for nearly 3 years now and two different gynaecologists have been baffled as they've never heard of anyone experiencing this pain before. I do have a slipped disk in my back but it is not impinging on any nerves so sciatica has been ruled out. I get this pain pretty much every day but some days are worse than others.

I also have awful knee pain which I've never been to the doctors for as I just assumed it was one of those things but having looked at the symptoms of lupus; it seems to fit. It only happens every now and then but the pain is so intense like an aching, throbbing pain and my knee sometimes swells up a little. The kneecap also grinds when it's moved but I know this can be normal for anyone!

Something I've also noticed is the past two times I've come back from holiday in a hot country I've been covered in a rash. The most recent time I thought it may have been mosquito bites (although it looked more like an allergy as if I'd reacted to them) and the doctors didn't think they were bites either but at the same time I began getting this intense sharp pain in my shoulder which has flared up every now and then ever since. I didn't injure it at all and the A&E doctor thought it was linked to my rash in some way. But then it's continued to bother me ever since even though the rash has disappeared.

I also constantly get aching muscles as if I'm about to come down with a cold, particularly in my neck and shoulders and keep suffering from night sweats also every now and then; which routine blood tests have shown nothing out of the ordinary. I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm literally soaked and dripping even though I might be cold.

I understand that it's impossible to ask anyone to diagnose me and there are many reasons I could be getting this but I wondered if these symptoms are possibly linked to lupus; particularly with the abdominal pain as it's something I'm eager to find out what's causing it.

I'm also allergic to Septrin which I've read is another possible symptom and am very prone to mouth ulcers and going through periods of extreme exhaustion which is out of the blue and not linked to lack of sleep or extra activity. (I feel so rude as I'm constantly yawning even though I sleep well.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you