Thread: Hi :)

Thanks

Smile Hi :)

My name is Brittany. I'm 17 years old and I have been diagnosed with lupus nephritis as of March 30, 2012. I'm hoping this site will give me the support that I have lost from my "friends" and other school mates. My family is extremely helpful in my illness. Im not quite sure how this site works but I'm open to talk to anyone who needs it

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Brittany! Welcome to WHL! We are so glad that you found us. It is hard when you become I'll because most friends don't understand what you are going through. The good news is that everyone here "gets it". We know exactly how you feel so we understand

Make yourself at home. If you have questions or just have a topic you want to discuss start a thread and we will all be here for you. I look forward to getting to know you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-31-2012)

Thanks

Welcome Brittany!! My son was diagnosed last August with lupus nephritis, he has some other things going on too, but he's 14. Sorry that your friends and classmates are having a hard time but you've found a great group of people here to listen to you!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Leahc For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-31-2012)

Thanks

I would like to say from one lupie Brittney to another, hello! lol I'm 19 and was diagnosed at 16. I have belonged to this forum ever since then and everyone here is so kind and helpful. I hope you get as much out of it as I have Feel free to message me on here or find me on facebook through a page called teens with lupus. I spend a lot of my time on facebook and am always willing to talk!
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ritzbit2 For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-31-2012)

Thanks

Hi BEL,
    Welcome to WHL. You will find quite a few young folks like Ritz here who are supportive and friendly.
    We also have plenty of concerned cyber aunties and cyber uncles around here who are always happy to answer questions or be a "shoulder" to lean on.
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-31-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi bel,
    and welcome.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Brittany! Welcome the WHL!! I was diagnosed in my freshman year of high school, im now 21, and can say this site has helped me so much when I discovered it over a year ago. I think you will really enjoy this site, I never knew anyone with lupus until this site.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-31-2012)

Thanks

And, there she is!! My Brittany!

Thanks

We have a mother-daughter pair on WHL? Is that a first? How awesome!

Thanks

Hey there Brittany BEL! This is the best site I've found for us all to rant, vent, support each other, just "talk" or whatever, and not be judged.

Some folks define "Friend" as "one who gives support, assistance; has feelings of affection for; tries to understand;..." - A person you know, who doesn't want to be bothered with you when you hurt or are in need is an "acquaintance". You'll make friends here.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-05-2012)