Thread: One yr. since diagnosed

Threaded View

Thanks

Default One yr. since diagnosed

Well, as the end of August fastly approaches ( this is the date that Dylan was admitted to the hospital and diagnosed with SLE, lupus nephritis and in kidney failure), I look back and see all that he and us have been through. Very difficult 7 weeks in the hospital, (sure wish I would've seen this site then), a wonderful benefit from our community, another small setback in March, cateract surgery and now he's playing baseball (again just not in pain) and is having a great season! He pretty much missed the first quarter of school but managed to get a 3.68 gpa and going into his freshman year will be skipping freshman english and doing english 10 (long story with this). I have learned so very much about Lupus and blood numbers. Still worry about a flare and I think Dylan does too but doesn't say anything about it. Wish he would get on here or ANY site for teens with Lupus. Think it would do him some good to vent. Such a strong, sweet and brave kid! He has AMAZING friends! Now we're getting ready for his Make a Wish reveal, which should happen Monday. So much more has happened with our family this year too but don't really need to talk about that, just amazed that its almost a year since this nightmare started. Thanks again for all the info and support!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Leahc For This Useful Post:

jmail (07-25-2012), magistramarla (07-26-2012), ritzbit2 (07-25-2012), rob (07-25-2012), SleepyInSeattle (07-25-2012)