Thread: Book???

Thanks

Default Book???

Hey everyone!

It was suggested to me yesterday that I should write a book about Lupus, how it changed my life, and my experiences... Especially in this first year since I've been diagnosed... I guess I'm mostly asking opinions... From both Lupus patients and the people on here that don't have Lupus but, are touched by it... Do you think that would be something that might be helpful? Or would it be a waste of time? What do you all think? Any input would be greatly welcomed!!!

Thanks!!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

I think you SHOULD write a book about it! No doubt! Especially since you experienced it first hand. It's different reading advice from medical who may know about the disease....and one who actually is living it.....I think it would help alot of us with lupus to relate to what you have to say...
    GO FOR IT!!! And GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Thanks

Oh do it do it do it!!!!!!

Thanks

I say go for it SS. I hate reading books about lupus that tell me how I ought to feel every day, written by someone who has never had an ounce of pain in their life. You however, have been through it and had it worse then I have it so I wouldn't definitely want to read it. Good luck!!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Solesinger;
    I say Absolutely go for it. When we are in the bookstores or searching the web looking for answers, information or insight, we always tend to gravitate to those sites or authors who have personal experience with Lupus and, therefore, can give us actual advice about how to deal with this illness and give us hope that we can, indeed, live a relatively normal life. So, I say that your book would be one that would definately get read...So Yes, write it!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

SoleSinger-I think you should refer to the replies to your essay "What Lupus Has Given Me" to find your answer. I was so inspired by what you had to say. God has given you many talents (I love your voice) and since your health has deteriorated badly enough to keep you from singing, perhaps this could be the path that God wanted you to go down. I don't consider myself a religious person (coming from deep in the Bible Belt-that means I don't regularly attend church) but I do believe that everything happens for a reason. You have my vote-let me know where to send the check!!

Thanks

Go for it!

As I am sufficiently good in my English, I can help you with your edits and structuring.
    4 8 15 16 23 42, the sum of which is 108.

No, I don't watch Lost. I'm a CSI-watching guy.