Thread: Hello out there

Thanks

Default Hello out there

Hi.

I'm totally new to this site. I found you all by searching with google for "Lupus Support" because i need it. I'm 24 years old and have known that I have Lupus since I was about 11. I had early onset Renauds and that's how I was diagnosed. I had positive ANA but no other symtoms. So anyway...

In the past year or so, I've started the downward spiral of all my symtoms starting to be here. It's almost like they are erupting. I have a great doctor who I trust and supportive friends and family, but It hard to really talk about it with them because it's difficult for others to understand (as you all know I'm sure). I don't have the ulcers and rashes and outward sx that I've read some of you have. My biggest problems are joint pain and swelling, flue like achiness with fever, exhaustion, and depression. I've been considering seeing a Psychiatrist to try an anti-depressant but it feels like a cop out (maybe, I'm still undecided). My Rhuemy and I have been trying short term steroid treatments. 5 days at a time when i start a flare but it's a bit hard to know when it's starting, or if i'm just tired or if i have a cold or sumthing. It's also complicated because i'm very prome to infection and am frequently on antibiotics for sinus stuffage. Anyway...I'm just hear to be part of a community where we all understand what the other person is goin through. Thaank you all for being here!

Violet

Thanks

hehe, i don;t know what that *great dancer* thing is....it isn't there when i try to edit my post.... sorry about that...

Thanks

Welcome Violet!

Don't worry about the "great dancer" - this board sometimes throws in little glitches. Usually gets a LOT of laughter, so I'm not sure if it is our fabulous Administrator playing games, or a butterfly in the software.

My condition is similar to yours - mainly pain and fatigue as symptoms. Sometimes depression, which I've so far been able to keep at bay with a counselor, good friends, and some exercise. Oh, chocolate helps too. I don't, however, get infections too easily, so I'm blessed there.

Hope you'll learn and share here, it is a wonderful group of people with a lot of knowledge!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Violetpunch17 :lol:
    Like you, I am very prone to infections. Especially (like you) sinus infections. We love to go to Las Vegas quite often, but I always had to carry my antibiotics because just walking through the lobby to check in...I'd have the beginnings of a sinus infection by the time we would get to our room. I don't know if it was the cigarrette smoke or the people or the closed environment or what!! It was maddening. Now, we cannot stay in any of the hotels because of this phenomenon, we have to use time-shares (lol)
    Most of us have, at one time or another, seen a counselor, therapist or psychiatrist because Lupus is emotionally draining. Depression is a symptom of Lupus. Seeking emotional help is not, in any way, a cop-out. In fact, it is just the opposite. I am a very big proponent of taking just as much care of your emotional health as in taking care of your physical health. The two are intertwined. You cannot care only for your physical side and ignore what is happening emotionally. Your emotional side (eg. stress) can have devastating affects on what is happening to you physically. So, do go to see a psychiatrist, counselor or therapist and get treatment so that you can have better luck at managing your symptoms.
    I am so glad that you found us and I want you to know that you are not alone. We are always here if you need answers, information or just support and understanding!!

Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie