Thread: back from vacation

Thanks

Default back from vacation

Hi everyone, just came back from a MUCH NEEDED vacation. Haven't had one in four years. I followed doctors orders to the 't" used 110 uva/uv sunblock, wide brimed hat, glasses, and was covered. we took the kids and my mom to Puerto Rico and had an amazing time, I was out during the day while hubby and kids partied at night, recharged and did it all over again the next day. Im back to work today but I should of stayed home and rested, thankfully its Friday and I will get to rest this weekend. Anyway just wanted to share good news for a change : )
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to chikititalinda For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (07-13-2012)

Thanks

Glad you had fun. I've never been to Puerto Rico. Do you need a passport to go there, or is it like going to Indiana, just a little strange or different (better weather, I'm sure)?
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Welcome home!!!!! Following the doctors orders probably allowed you to enjoy your trip more!
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i am glad you had such a good time.

i am happy you are back with us...
    even if you would prefer to stay in Puerto Rico.

Thanks

Hi Linda,
    Welcome back! Your post just sounds more cheerful than past ones. Isn't it great to get away and recharge?
    I'm glad that you had such a fund vacation. Now, don't work too hard!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Thanks guys I had an amazing time! I wish I could live there year around, glad I still have family there too. Yes Danica following Drs orders helped inmensely, and hubby was not having it any other way lol, Jmail you don't need a passport to visit Puerto Rico although its not a state, its US territory. People are super friendly and lots of people speak english, the food is AMAZING and so its night life. There's so much to do you wont' ever be bored!
    Yes Marla, thankfully its a cheery post for once LOL, it felt good to be "home"
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

Linda,
    One of the Spanish teachers whom I used to work with came from Puerto Rico. She sounded exactly like that beautiful lady who stars in that show, Modern Family. Rosa is beautiful too, and looks like an older version of that actress. She was such a joy to have as a friend, and the food that she would bring to our teachers' lounge was outstanding.
    She would also speak fondly about Puerto Rico, and taught her students a lot about it.
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (07-18-2012)