Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member in Kansas

Thanks

Default new member in Kansas

Hi all my name is Brad I am 44 I live south of kansas city and was told 2 months ago that I have lupus I started having some pain in the joints of my hands so the doc did some blood work now I have had a headache for almost 2 months now we have tried a lot of drugs and nothing is working so friday I went in for a cat scan now I'm just waiting not sure how long I have had lupus or if the lupus has had any thing to do with any other things i have had wrong with me or not

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coyote For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-31-2012)

Thanks

Default It'd be nice if my fingers & brain actually communicated...

Now is that "south of kansas city" in Missouri, or Kansas?... Lee's Summit, Belton?... We used to camp & fish at one of the lakes over there back when I was a kid. Can't remember the name of the park though... Anyway, welcome to the forum Brad! Be sure and look around, read the "stickies", ask questions, etc. I've had autoimmune issues since my twenties, headaches being one of my main "symptoms". I've had several cat scans & MRI's done over the years, and the docs haven't found anything in there yet... tic
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

sorry kansas I'm in Fort Scott

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi brad and welcome.

there is a few other males who are regularly on here, so you are not alone in this.

please take some time to read a few of the lder posts, they are our personal experiences with lupus.
    some of them have been marked as having very good information in them, "stickies", and they are at the top of each sectin.

what medicatin are you n currently.

Thanks

hi brad welcome to whl family alot of us suffer severe headaches mine can put out of action for a week but it is always good to get scans just to rule out more serious things hope everything goes well.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Welcome to WHL! I think after reading a bit you will find that many of the problems you have had are because of, or a result of, Lupus. Most of us go years without a diagnosis because most of the symptoms can also be from other things. Now that you have a diagnosis they will put you on meds that should make you start feeling better. Some of them take up to 6 months to work but they will help.

We are glad to have you with us and I look forward to getting to know you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (07-31-2012)

Thanks

Welcome
    I am Liz and I live in Colby KS, new to this area. But wanted to stop by and say hello.

Liz
    Diagnosed with SLE Lupus May 2nd 2011. I am taken Plaquenil, Pain Killers, muscle relaxers.

Thanks

sorry it's been so long between post but been having some brain fog I'm going to see my rummy for the 2nd time today I will try to post my meds tonight

Thanks

Take your notes with you!... Don't minimize your issues either when talking with the doc either. I've got a tendency to do that...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

coyote (08-05-2012)

Thanks

ok so the catscan came out good i'm currently on Vimovo 500mg/20mg for my joints and Amitriptyline 50mg for the headaches
    I stoped taking the Amitriptyline for 7 days no headaches for 10 days now but the rhuemy told me start taking it again not sure if the brain fog from the headaches is worse then the brain fog from the amitriptyline
    rhuemy ordered new lab work so far that is all he has done for me my regular doc is the one that is trying to help me they told me in may of 2012 that I tested pos for lupus so far sore joints and headaches are my main troubles I may have to find a new rhuemy going to have to wait and see what happens next
    and thank you jmail about taking notes
    Last edited by coyote; 08-05-2012 at 04:27 PM.