Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P-anca

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

one of the things i tell myself in times of medical concern......
    what is the other option?
    at least i am alive and will continue to live, with the treatment.

i have had a few scary things happen to me recently, and have had to put everything into perspective.
    if it takes chemo to give you back your life .......................
    without it what is the outcome going to give you ????????????

sorry for being blunt, but this helps me.
    and i have seen some very good instances of modern medicine at work recently.
    i get a lot of satisfaction from seeing the positive possabilities from modern medicine compared to no medicine at all.

Thanks

Thank you so much for that information. Now I will share something with you http://www.rarediseases.org/. If it is one of the rare forms of systemic vasculitis I can qualify for assistance through the government for treatments that our insurance companies won't pay for. I was doing some research last night and stumbled on this. I read through it and thought that is fantastic to possibly have help if needed. They were saying on the systemic vasculitis sites that this is the most mild medication you can use and it really helps but, like you mentioned, it hard to even afford one dose let alone many. Why is that????? I have never been able to wrap my brain around that issue when it comes to all of us feeling better. I have to say that my lungs are a train wreck right now. The asthma I have is miserable and to even walk up and down the steps can be trying on those little lungs I have. I really hope looking into this new disease will help with that.......I better not hold my breath.....I may pass out
    As I grow to understand life less and less,
    I learn to love it more and more.

Age 29, Lupus for last 7 years

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

I have shared this on another thread but you might like it.....http://danica-thethingstheydonttellyou.blogspot.com/

It is my blog. When I was feeling so bad back in May I decided to get it all out through writing. It helps me vent and gives me hope. You are right, what is si and what will be will be and we are left dealing with it but we can choose how we go through it.

Medications: Methotrexate, Lyrica, Celebrex, Flexeril, Theophylline, Bactrim, Xopenex, Lisinopril, Ultram

Thanks

Danica,
    I'm glad that you have such a great attitude. It sounds like you have a very thorough doc - good for you!
    Please let us know how this all works out - I'll be thinking about you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

You bet I will!!!!! You all always make me feel so much better and bring so much joy in my life. I will be needing all the support I can get over the upcoming months!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Keep us posted. My thoughts are with you.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Still waiting for my appointment and I have to admit I am not being very patient but I know it will be here before I know it and hopefully we will get some much needed answers regarding this test and what it means. I am more convinced it is a form of vasculitis. I will keep everyone posted as my appointments and test come and go!

Thanks

I just wanted to update all of you.........tomorrow I will be at Mayo for a six hour neurological exam and finally Monday I will see the Rheumatologist and I am hoping we have some answers. I will keep you all posted!!!!!!