Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sometimes i just want to stop all meds..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jolynnhughes View Post
    Marla,

Who was your "good rheumy back in Texas"? I am desperately in search of...and I live in the Dallas area. Any chance that good one was close to Dallas?

Jo
    Jolynn,
    Sorry that I've just now seen this - I had a house full of company. We lived in San Antonio, and my great rheumy was Emily Pineda.
    I'm not looking forward to moving back there to the awful heat next year, but I am looking forward to going back to Dr. Pineda and my great PCP, Dr. Anson.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Tracy,
    I'm a military wife and mother, and I know that there are groups who can help on or near bases. Find the nearest military base and ask to see a chaplain or someone who coordinates such groups. You might also check with the nearest VA office.
    Please try to stay involved with life. Your son deserves to be remembered and you're the best person to see that he is.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Corella (07-28-2012), jmail (07-26-2012), steve.b (07-27-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

the closest is to far for me to drive to. where i live there isn't anything here.. and my outreach guy is a strange one..and i dont think anyone can help with me grief. can they.. i lost my only child and its killing me inside…

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyl50 View Post
    the closest is to far for me to drive to. where i live there isn't anything here.. and my outreach guy is a strange one..and i dont think anyone can help with me grief. can they.. i lost my only child and its killing me inside…
    There is no way, that I could know, what you are going through, I can't even imagine. I wish there was something, I could say or do, to help you somehow, but like you said, there is nothing anyone could say or do. All I can do is pray for you.
    Where in NY do you live?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Interesting you should mention Plaquenil. Currently, I have had some retina problems. My retina has been having problems for many years but only things my opthamogist can see when he dialates my eyes. But three months after I began Plaquenil, I now see shadows in dim light and funny sparklers when I forget my sunglasses. I have wondered lately if I should be on Plaquenil with my other retina problems. Maybe it is exasperating my problems. I have also started to take one less pill a week to see if that would effect me. It's been only 2 weeks now. so far ok. I want to talk to my rhemy when I see him next week about this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tracyl50 View Post

Tracy, i am military and if you are your sons next of min, meaning hes not married then you have survivors benefits from the military. You can contact someone via telephone to put you in contact with a chaplain. Try ftdrum.army.mil or drum.army.mi

Im sorry for your loss

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miraid For This Useful Post:

steve.b (08-05-2012)