Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everything came back.

Thanks

I just want to second that comment about the probiotics - it's fairly easy to take them and keep things in balance, but once they're out of whack, it can be very difficult to get things healthy again. One of those cases where it's definitely worth it to PREVENT the problem instead of TREAT it once it's already occurred.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

the probiotics issue can be severe, if left unchecked.
    even a lot of doctors underestimate what it can do to our system.

this may help explain.....
    http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...1-I-B-S-relief

Thanks

Funny coincidence - after posting about this just this morning, not even two hours later while driving to work I heard a really interesting radio story on Probiotics - here's the link, in case anybody's interested:
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...probiotics-101

Seems like there are some promising results with IBS patients especially.

Thanks

Hi Alley Cat!
    I am brand new to this site though most definitely not new to Lupus. I have had Lupus for 47 years!! I was 14 when it hit me hard and since not well known at the time, I nearly died. I took prednisone for 40 years before a new doctor decided to put me on Plaquenil. Your post struck me because I too have had the amazing effects of prednisone. When ever I took 60 during a flare it was like being on drugs!! I even became pysicic a few of the times, and to this day I have a girl friend call me to see if I have "any feelings" about something going on in her life! The superwomen feeling was there too vaccuming at 11:00 at night etc. And it works over night for me! Side effects.............I was blessed not to get osteoporosis since I am very small boned, but I do have alot of plaque in my arteries to a moderate degree. I'm glad the predisone did it's job for your hearing! As long as the pain is livable, it's really best to be off of 'my old friend' prednisone. Best to you.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LindaJ For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (07-10-2012)

Thanks

Hi Debbie,
    Perhaps you are not an odd-ball with the Plaquenil but it's just not the right time for it. My new 'rheumy' decided to put me on it when my Lupus seemed pretty much in control. I was on 5 mg of prednisone per day with very little joint pains. He mentioned that he was putting me on it now because I was doing well. He then weened me off the prednisone I had been on for 47 years up and down. Perhaps when your Lupus gets close to a remission you would be able to take Plaquenil and do fine. I hope they have found something to help you and that you will get out of this flare!! Oh, by the way, I have to agree on the majic of prednisone. It worked for me overnight in previous flares....but it is a double edged sword so I understand why your Dr. didn't want you to stay on it.

Thanks

Your reply is really cute! Brought a smile to my face on a long tiring day!