Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pain in right arm

Thanks

I have been using the releve when needed. Pain hasn't been as bad...not sure if it's the releve or the steroids. At least I've been able to catch up on my sleep.

Thanks

Default DIET for LUPUS

I have been told that if you follow a diet that diebetics follow if will help keep the lupus under control. Such as no white flour, rice, no pasta, no sugar etc. Doctor has not mentioned this at all. Is this correct?

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Artistladie,

The short answer is no, there are no "Lupus Diets". For a more detailed explanation, click this link-

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...757&zoneid=225

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

artistladie (07-11-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by artistladie View Post
    I have been told that if you follow a diet that diebetics follow if will help keep the lupus under control. Such as no white flour, rice, no pasta, no sugar etc. Doctor has not mentioned this at all. Is this correct?
    as rob has mentioned..... there is no lupus diet.
    the diet you mention, may help, as it is a general good food diet.
    our body needs to be as healthy as practical, to help us fight off our different ailments.

unfortunatelly many "snake oil salesmen", use this fact to push there particular fad diet.

healthy eating will usually improve your lupus ailments, only because you are now healthier.

by the way.... i do eat a similar type of diet, to what you have mentioned, but i will not advertise its benifits...... because they are my indervidual benifits. you will have different benifits on the same diet.

Thanks

Tramadol is my enemy. I tried one, and had an extremely severe reaction. I was violently ill all day and couldn't keep anything down and was seeing double for most of the day. My hubby looked up the info on it and found that it is related to opioids, and I'm allergic to all opioids.
    This means that most of the "good" pain relievers are out for me. Aleve is about as strong as I can go.
    I can't take prednisone either, because I have AVN.
    I can't win for losing!
    Hugs,
    Marla